Grid display in demo version

Professional Joomla social template with metro design and JomSocial extension support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:34 pm
Report this post
On the demo version of the template there is a nice change in light and dark when you hoover over an image. How can i create that in my own grid?

On the demo version there is also white text over the photo's, that text is not part of the photo. How do i add text like that, since any text that goes with the link will be invisible.

Thank you for your help.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:23 am
Report this post
Hi,

There is a configuration of the template: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... iguration/

Please look at section "JomSocial - grid1"
Administrator

GK User
Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:37 am
Report this post
Thank you for your reply.

I am not using the JomSocial component.

I did check the page you mentioned and looked at the grid 1 configuration. But there is only html code for the twitter, facebook and G+ images, all others are just having the background image, no text and no light/dark hoover effect.

Am i correct that the text overlay and light/dark effect can only be accomplished when using News Show Pro GK5 as input for the grid?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:41 am
Report this post
As I remember the light effect was available in the GK JomSocial Feed module when user photo was displayed, and the dark effect was available in the NSP module with Grid Title Overlay portal mode.
Administrator

GK User
Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:44 am
Report this post
Thats a shame if it only can be done that way, since i am not using JomSocial or NSP for the content of my grid.

In my case i prefer to have custom html modules for the grid.

Thank you for your help ..... i really like how the grid looked in the demo version:)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:13 am
Report this post
So in this case please try to add the following CSS code in the end of gk.stuff.css file:

Code: Select all
.gkPhoto {
opacity: 1; filter: alpha(opacity=100);
-webkit-transition: all .3s ease-out;
-moz-transition: all .3s ease-out;
-ms-transition: all .3s ease-out;
transition: all .3s ease-out;
}
.gkPhoto:hover {
opacity: 0.7; filter: alpha(opacity=70);
}

it should helps in your case ;)
Administrator

GK User
Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:29 am
Report this post
Oh WOW !!!!!

Thank you sooooo much, thats just perfect and i bet there will be more people appreciating this addition.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:08 am
Report this post
We will add it in the next update :)
Administrator

GK User
Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:58 pm
Report this post
That's a great addition - thanks! How do I get the image to be linkable? At the moment it's just the hover effect that works!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:53 pm
Report this post
I already asked the same and got a great reply from Dziudek, you can find it here .....
https://www.gavick.com/forums/m-social/links-on-grid-items-28993.html
Senior Boarder