Add To Card & Product Details Buttons

Modern e-commerce WordPress theme to build successful online store with WooCommerce support.
GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:55 am
When the Add to Card and Product Details buttons are enabled on a catalog page the buttons aren't displaying aligned. Is it possible to have the buttons display like this:

Also, on the homepage instead of having the button say "View More", how can I change this to something else?

http://www.amazinghampers.com.au

Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:46 am
Could you enable "Details" button so I can check whats wrong?

GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:52 am
The Details button is enabled. An example page is here http://www.amazinghampers.com.au/shop/category/christmas

Let me know if you need to me to do anything else. Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:37 pm
The first problem is the width of the buttons - you just don't have enough space to place them side by side.
1. You should change "product details" to "details" to gain some space.

Do You know how to edit those labels?

GK User
Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:45 pm
Ps, could you tell me how to enable both buttons (buy and tetails)? I need to do some testing locally.

GK User
Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:25 am
I've enabled the buttons under Template Options -> Pages -> "Display add to cart button on catalog pages" & "Display Product details link on catalog pages"

I want to change it from displaying "Product Details" to just "Details. I'm still trying to work out how to do this. I can't find the right code to change.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:03 pm
To get started - changing the text can be done in 2 or 3 ways.
1. The best one in my opinion, but most complicated to do - is to use wp language capability option that allows to change string names - and even if you don't translate the theme - it can be used here.
You should read this article:
https://www.gavick.com/forums/wordpress ... 22095.html
to get to know with the basics, and then translate two string with use of poedit:
Product details
and
Add to cart to make them shorten.

Then save poedit translated files as your current language and everything should work fine.

GK User
Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:05 pm
2. Another option is to edit the texts dirrectly:
to change "Product details" please edit:
/wp-content/themes/ShopAndBuy/gavern/wc-functions.php
and change line:
Code: Select all
echo '<a class="wc-product-details" href="'.get_permalink($product_id).'">'.__('Product details', GKTPLNAME).'</a>';

to:
Code: Select all
echo '<a class="wc-product-details" href="'.get_permalink($product_id).'">'.__('Details', GKTPLNAME).'</a>';

3. To make above solution even better - use child theme, copy original wf-funcions.php to same location in child theme and do the modification there - it will prevent overriding your changes while you update the template.

GK User
Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:06 pm
Either way to chose, I see you have already fixed that on your own.