cannot set theme width

Modern e-commerce WordPress theme to build successful online store with WooCommerce support.
GK User
Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:04 pm
I have the them width set at 1150 but on my screen it is much wider. If I try to make it e.g. 960 it doesn't change

http://clothesprinting.co.uk/
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:52 pm
The width value when You connect it with responsive template is more max-width. If your browser is shorten than 1150px, page will shrink.
On full hd it is exactly 1150 wide.

GK User
Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:54 pm
I have copied the demo but the live site is much wider. It is more than 1150
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:27 pm
Hi Cyberek,

I think I wasn't clear with my posting. I have the quickstart theme on my local server and copied the theme settings on my live site. The theme on the live site is much wider on my screen compared to the one on my local server. I then try to set a lower width for the theme but it doesn't change. It appears to remain fluid.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:32 pm
I dont know what are your local server settings, but now on your live site, main column is exactly 1150px wide, as is probably set in template settings.

GK User
Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:37 pm
Hi Cyberek

I tested the width with another site and you are right it is 1150 and yet the same settings on my local server is narrower. I added a smaller width but it doesn't change. On another note I de-activated the theme and then re-activated and the site was as per the demo. As soon as I added the logo image it widened the site. I know you're busy and to be honest it's not a big issue and still looks fine. ;)
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:04 am
Hi,

Thanks Toni, I think you found a bug, options to change theme width doesn't work, we'll fix it in the neaerest theme update.

For now, try to change this line in /layouts/responsive_css.php file:
Code: Select all
.gk-page { max-width: <?php echo get_option($tpl->name . '_template_width', 980); ?>px; }

to
.gk-page { max-width: <?php echo get_option($tpl->name . '_theme_width', 980); ?>px; }

and check again.

GK User
Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:25 am
Forget about my earlier solution, this one will be better :), just edit gavern/options/options.layout.json file and change
"name": "theme_width",
to
"name": "template_width",

GK User
Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:22 pm
Thank you Piotr

Both worked but I went with your second option. Thank you both for your support :)

SOLVED
Expert Boarder