#gkContentWrap padding on VM product pages only

Fashion and clothing responsive Joomla ecommerce template with full VirtueMart support and advanced store features.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:30 am
Report this post
Hi there,

I am wanting to set the padding from the templates 40px to a lower px on just the virtuemart product pages only. The content for the template is #gkContentWrap but since the flypages templates styling are inside that wrap I cannot control the padding.

Does anyone know how I can do this easily? Thanks.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:19 am
Report this post
Could You please post an url to your site?

Please attach url to vm subpage and standard subpage so I can check if prepared solution works well.

GK User
Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:41 am
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:Could You please post an url to your site?

Please attach url to vm subpage and standard subpage so I can check if prepared solution works well.

I am using WAMP at the moment so that makes things a little difficult. However it doesnt really effect the situation as the template is the same as the original shop and buy. So I would only need to know how to change that so that the VM product page contents in that wrap can be changed.

Thanks.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:29 pm
Report this post
Still having problem finding correct pages to create correct declaration, but...
If Your site is standars s&b without many changes, could You paste two links from our demo site:
http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/shop_and_buy/
one to a site where the padding should be changed and one to a page where it should stay not changed.

GK User
Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:05 am
Report this post
http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/shop_an ... ils-layout

Is the product page and all products need to be padded at 25 as opposed to 40. However the flypage wrap is within that gkcontentwrap and since VM is navigated not through menus you cannot do it.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:17 pm
Report this post
Ok, now I understand. Sadly there is no easy way to do that.
But if You can tell, that you would like to change styling for all com_virtuemart elements, you could use the "page suffix" method. Please read this documentation:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/gen ... mla-pages/
but instead of creating suffix for ID element, you could use com_virtuemart for example. Then all pages rendered by this component will have created suffix on body element, so You can address the padding problem this way:
Code: Select all
.comVM #gkContentWrap { padding: 20px; }

It assumes you have used comVM as the suffix name.