GK News

Modern, responsive, unique and elegant one-page WordPress theme to showcase your creativity
GK User
Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:55 pm
Hi

I am trying to set the front page news items in GK News widget to just 3 items- to click through to those related posts as "services" explanations. (I did this on the joomla version OK on another site)

The widget seems to be configurable when I select a post category- renamed existing ones to "services" and select from widget option to category/ services- but my posts do not render.
I get a bunch from other categories although I tried to unpublish them all now none render.

I tried sorting by date and post ID etc. and am having difficulty getting my posts to show up again.

I saw a comment on another thread from Piotr asking if there were enough posts published- what is the guideline to solve this problem please?

Best regards

Craig
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:16 am
Hi,
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website and back-end access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it?

GK User
Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:18 pm
Piotr- I think I have it figured out- there is a portfolio widget under header that I changed to category slug "our-services" and then limited columns=3 and rows=1 and now I seem to have the results I need.

I think we are good from here- not sure the theme overview (menu items in the quickstart demo) mention that the portfolio widget needs/ can be configured for different needs.

Thanks for you help

Craig
Junior Boarder