Home Page Links

Modern, responsive, unique and elegant one-page WordPress theme to showcase your creativity
GK User
Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:28 am
I notice for example that the link for say Contact is #text-36, which is the ID number for that element... anyway we can change "text-36" to something else like #ContactUs? Same thing on About - it is #gk-bottom1, anyway to change that to something more SEO friendly?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:50 am
Right now the only way to do that, is to place empty element just before the button or entire module and use custom ID on it.

GK User
Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:12 am
Can you speak more in depth on this? I currently have [Contact Us]#text-36 (alt text of media) however; nothing happens when button is selected. Do I have to make a change somewhere else? I'm fine w/text 36 so long as it works.. but how? I must have changed something? #gk-bottom1 still works... only text-36 is broken.

Also, i can't find a "master" url for my categories or archive posts.. i want to change where "?cat=102" links. Of course it doesnt exist on my site so there's a page cant be found message. I'm aware of "where" to change/modify it in the dashboard, my question is how to make it link to my all my categories or archives.

Thanks,
AJ
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:54 am
Still need assistance on question 2.. to remedy question one I created a text widget anchor which appears to work... fo other, see below--

Appearance > Widgets > Text Widget... place this above area you want to insert anchor > for the title use !anchor (or whatever you want to name, just use the "!" in front of titles text) > inside the text content area type: <h3 id="name of your anchor"></h3>....

Be sure to reference your media to this anchor name. For ex I used: <h3 id="contact"></h3> and in media alt text [Contact Us]#contact

I'll work to see if I can locate the url for all my archives or categories but at the moments I'm having no luck.. still need help on question 2 please :)
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:19 pm
Again.. after thought I realize I simply need to use my brain ha! Googled this article,

http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_an_Archive_Index

For anyone else with this issue--
In short, add an new page and use Archives template. Gavick already has an archive.php so you don't really need to view article.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:18 pm
I'm glad you have sorted it out.