Quick Start Hanging Step 1 - Beyond Frustrated

Responsive, suitable for any type of business, built for any needs elegant one-page Joomla template.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:03 pm
Report this post
We bought this solution to speed development and it is turning into a huge time sucker. No matter what we do the quickstart just hangs after step one (status bar moving but no one home). Have tried everything with magic quotes, session save path, blah blah...still nothing. Joomla itself runs...so we got that set up and added template..but then there are no step by step instructions to recreating the template as other vendors have. This has already cost me a fortune in having my mkt team work on it and now I guess I have to give it to my development guys to figure out. Here is the climate on the WORKING version of J3.2 with creativity template installed in case anyone has an idea.

PHP Built On Linux noah.xxxx.com 2.6.32-431.3.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Jan 3 21:39:27 UTC 2014 x86_64
Database Version 5.1.73-cll
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.3.27
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.2.3 Stable [ Ember ] 6-March-2014 14:30 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/34.0.1847.116 Safari/537.36
---------------------------------------------
Safe Mode Off
Open basedir None
Display Errors On
Short Open Tags On
File Uploads On
Magic Quotes Off
Register Globals Off
Output Buffering Off
Session Save Path /tmp
Session Auto Start 0
XML Enabled Yes
Zlib Enabled Yes
Native ZIP Enabled Yes
Disabled Functions dl, exec, shell_exec, system, passthru, popen, pclose, proc_open, proc_nice, proc_terminate, proc_get_status, proc_close, pfsockopen, leak, apache_child_terminate, posix_kill, posix_mkfifo, posix_setpgid, posix_setsid, posix_setuid
Mbstring Enabled Yes
Iconv Available Yes
-----------------------------------------
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:26 am
Report this post
Please just disable this feature Display Errors On and this should resolve your issue.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:04 pm
Report this post
Ok.. I will go research how to do that. Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:10 pm
Report this post
Ok I turned them off. Same problem exists
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:12 pm
Report this post
My mistake...now it tells me the site is installed...great news...except I never put any database information in there!! of course a 404 ensues.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 01, 2014 11:01 am
Report this post
This may be cause by the installation session, please just remove all files and then re-download package. Unzip and upload files again. If the problem come back, please provide me URL to your installation process.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu May 01, 2014 2:20 pm
Report this post
I have done that several times. We finally installed joomla on puntacanaresortvilla.com and then added your template. But when we follow your instructions to build it out nothing works (the moment we add the newsshowpro to the header we get a page doesn't exist). So we are trying again at puntacanavillaresort.com/2/ . Put anything you want in there and watch it hang in any browser. I can give you ftp info. We prefer it to be working in the puntacanaresortvilla.com (without the subdirectory)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 02, 2014 9:40 am
Report this post
Ok but did you check this package on localhost? I've just installed it without any problems… and also we don't have any informations from other customers that something may be wrong. Do you have possibility to check it with another server? I suspect that your current server configuration cause all this problems…
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri May 02, 2014 2:56 pm
Report this post
Why would I want to install locally? The only reason I bought this and used "quick start" is to get it quickly started...LIVE...not localhost. I have many joomla installations working perfectly on this server...one I just mentioned...you don't even acknowledge my header issue on the working one...

I have huge amounts of time invested in this ...if you are not going to help just say so....
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat May 03, 2014 9:02 am
Report this post
Please come down,
If perfect World all Hosting would have this same settings and all works fine, but is not.
All quickstarts are tested on many different hosting companies around the World and in most cases they works.
I can even prepare you a full backup with demo content if this may help.
Just give me info.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat May 03, 2014 9:32 am
Report this post
Ok, package prepared and send to you via PM.
Maybe this will help you much more.
This package includes Akeeba installer. :geek:

If won't help - you have to install only template on "naked" Joomla.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat May 03, 2014 10:54 pm
Report this post
I will check...we DID install the template on naked Joomla.....please..it is in this thread...puntacanaresortvilla.com you can see it...but when you install the mod newshowpro..it blows up with page not found...
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun May 04, 2014 7:03 am
Report this post
I saw that probably my backup packaged worked - because you have fully worked website right now.
You can confirm or deny.
Platinum Boarder