a lot of problems with gavick template

Responsive, suitable for any type of business, built for any needs elegant one-page Joomla template.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:43 am
Report this post
I had a lot of problems with gavick template.

1. install process, always stop at step 4 (database).
2. After a successful install, I get into beckend administrator. All the modules are locked, can not be opened let alone edited.
3. and now, the url address could not be opened at all. 500 internal server error.
4. I tried to search the support forums / discussion, but there are too many articles. I want to get comfort in using the product template gavik not intend to learn.
5. I'm tired of this. Do not have gavick service team for customers?
6. Can I get the instructions for all of these solutions?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:21 am
Report this post
Step by step ;)
What version of quickstart - 2.x or 3.x?

GK User
Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:42 am
Report this post
sorry, it turns out I do not understand how gavick template works. Turns gavick template is extraordinary. :o
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:24 am
Report this post
Have you been able to deal with installation?

GK User
Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:37 pm
Report this post
I use another hosting for the installation.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:12 pm
Report this post
Ok, thanks for the replay.
Now it works fine?

GK User
Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:43 am
Report this post
in other cases, I click the remove (backup / remove) the database options. I do not know the extent of his influence. but managed to install the next stage.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:23 am
Report this post
Oh - you had problem with server configuration - it's not basically gavick template problem. Any quickstart type package with a lot of data would behave same.

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:17 pm
Report this post
maybe, I do not know for sure, you are the master who knows more about this matter. while this is all well that often occurs is 500 internal server error. sometimes appear, a few moments later to normal again.

oh yes, there is something I want to ask. In one of my hosting using 3 templates. one main domain, two templates in the root folder. is sufficient to use a single file. htacces? or individual in need? because once an internal server error and can not open the web all. whereas ". htaccess I have edited as in gavick forum. Finally I had to use the file" php.ini "as they are often used in the wordpress cms.

However, when I went to log in to the administrator back "internal server error". so I have to give the file "php.ini" in every folder administrator.

What happens in my installation? Can I just use. htaccess without php.ini?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:05 pm
Report this post
This is way beyond our support and goes deeply into server configuration. In most cases Joomla with any template just work... In your case there might be a lot of things to check. I would start with server settings that can be checked during installation. You previous problems was probably connected with the settings:
https://www.gavick.com/forums/rockwall- ... 34#p128334