Image Quality on K2 Item

Responsive, suitable for any type of business, built for any needs elegant one-page Joomla template.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:06 am
Report this post
Hello,

I have determined that somehow the code and/or css is creating bad image quality when a new image is loaded into an item. I though it was the K2 image quality system, but it is not because when I change to a different template the images on items come through with much better quality.

Is there a solution or a fix for this? I have worked with the CSS to no avail. Right now I am going to try changing the item.php file to the original code to see if that works.

Very important to have templates that render clear and high quality images, so my suggestion is for less dynamic image options and more clarity in how they are sized.

Hope to find a solution to this.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:20 am
Report this post
Fixed after trial and error.

Code that effects this is in the k2.css. Just edit this out... and as you can see it is overriding other css.

Code: Select all
.itemImageBlock img {

/*   width: 100%!important;
*/}
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:24 am
Report this post
Hi.
First, K2 has it's settings which allows you to set compression/quality of generated images. As you might know K2 always generate four from original.

K2 --> Parameters [ICON] --> Images [TAB]

Second, maybe you lost quality because of "bad" CSS styles ?

But to be sure, I have to see where you have it - than I can tell you more.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:00 pm
Report this post
hi,

i am experiencing the same. All pcitures in a K2 items a terrible on quality... same picture in a joomla article is just fine.

Mike
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:10 pm
Report this post
K2 likes to resize images, that's why using K2 is not always a good solution if you don't know how to use it
correctly.

If you don't have to use K2, just use default articles, they have almost this same features like K2.
And you will have less problem in near future when K2 v3 will appear.
Platinum Boarder