Rockwall J2.5

April 2013 Joomla Templates
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:50 pm
Report this post
Hi.

I've just taken over managing a website which uses rockwall for joomla 2.5.

I've been trying to figure out how to remove the borders/sides which appear over the background when scrolling: I've attached a screenshot for reference but, it's faster to check the URL: http://www.sport.gov.tt and just scroll up and down.

Basically, the background image (1920 x 1080) is set to fixed and when the web site is scrolled, I would like to have the background show and not be obscured by the sides as they "rise".

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:22 am
Report this post
Could you please turn off css compression so I can check exactly what happens in css files?

GK User
Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:39 pm
Report this post
Hi Cyberek; it's turned off now.

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:36 pm
Report this post
Hey Cyberek.

Also, I set up the template on my dev server and I used the following code - which you provided before in the forum:

body {background-image: url('../images/bg.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center top; background-attachment: fixed;}
#gkTop, #gkPageContentWrap {background: transparent;}
.gkPage {background: #fff;}

#gkMenuWrapper .gkPage {background: #000000;}

You can see the result at http://mos.multidiasporic.com/ and this is basically what I want to do with the live website.

On a slightly different but, related part of what I did:

To make it work on my Dev Server, I had to place the code in the Custom CSS Code box in Advanced Settings; for some reason even with the CSS Override switch "ON" and the same code in the override.css file (whether edited directly and saved in the backend or edited in notepad++ and uploaded) does not work.

So, I'm not sure why either situation exists. Looking forward to your advice,

Thanks.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:33 pm
Report this post
To fix solid background issue, add this code at the end of override.css:
html {
background: transparent;
}

GK User
Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:36 pm
Report this post
If the override.css doesn't work on your site - perhaps it uses some kind of strange cache (server side)? It should load override.css without any problems. Please check if CSS override is "on" right now?