Blog intro cut rule.

eCommerce WordPress theme with various e-store features and WooCommerce support.
GK User
Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:05 am
Hi guys, I don't understand how the cut rule works for the blog intro.

Sometimes i see three point under a P tag, sometimes i don't. All post have the 'readmore tag' but seems to work differently and I don't understand.

Can you help me?

The blog is located here:
http://skinius.testwp.net/?cat=170
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:17 am
Hi,

Generally all posts on the blog should have 3 dots, but the content depends on the post.
Global settings for the excerpt legth may be found in Template Options -> Advanced tab, it's "Excerpt length (in words)" by default set to 55 words, so if you have post with normal content, first 55 words will be visible.

but if you've used "more" button in your post's contend after i.e. 10 words, only 10 words will be visible.

The same situation if you set excerpt (screen options -> excerpt) - in this case only the text from the excerpt field will be visible.

GK User
Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:45 am
Ok, thank you. There is a way to not display the <p>...</p>?

The points are good, but not under a P tag (I see a line with only this point, I prefer to add points at the end of the phrase, manually)

Thank you!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:42 pm
It should be in the same paragraph (3 dots), like on the demo, but on your website there are two divs with "addthis-toolbox" class in some posts, so this plugin probably adds some content between excerpt and 3 dots.

GK User
Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:21 am
Can you help me to solve this problem?
There is a way to delete the ... in template html?

Thank you!

L
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:16 am
First of all, please try to disable this plugin and let me know if the problem is fixed..