Product Variations not showing on Cart

eCommerce WordPress theme with various e-store features and WooCommerce support.
GK User
Mon May 05, 2014 12:12 pm
Hi,

We are using WooCommerce with StoreBox and WPML. http://www.mybodysport.co.il/ We have products that have variations, specifically flavors. When an order is placed the attribute "Flavor" appears but not the actual flavor (ie. Strawberry). I have tried all different ways to set up the attributes and variations and nothing is working. Customers are able to pick the flavor they want, but it does not show up in the order details.

It is not showing in the cart, on the checkout page or in the order details after the order is placed. See screenshot...

I show that in the source code, it is there, but not pulling the taste into the dd
Code: Select all
<dl class="variation">
   <dt class="variation-">טעם:</dt>
   <dd class="variation-"></dd>
</dl>

Can you help with this?

Thank you,
Sarah
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 05, 2014 1:39 pm
Hi,

I've checked demo website and my installation and variations are visible in the cart. Could you send me a direct URL to your product with some variations?

GK User
Mon May 05, 2014 3:15 pm
Hi Piotr,

Yes, here is the direct link to the product I have been working on.

http://www.mybodysport.co.il/%D7%9E%D7% ... 9%D7%AA-2/

You can pick a flavor in the drop down menu and then add to cart, but when you go to the cart, it does not show the flavor, just the word that means "flavor" in Hebrew (which is the attribute).

Thank you,
Sarah
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 06, 2014 8:16 am
OK, but this <dd class="variation"> is emty, so I think it's problem connected with woocommerce or RTL, because this view (cart) is not overriden in our theme. Could you check any default theme, like Twenty Thirteen with this cart?

GK User
Tue May 06, 2014 11:13 am
Hi Piotr,

I could try that, but the site is up and being promoted, so I don't want to take the site down. Right now I have WPML looking into it and I asked about it on the WooCommerce forums in Wordpress.org.

I will try to let you know what I find out.

Thank you for looking into it!
Sarah
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 15, 2014 2:02 pm
Hi,

With the help of WPML, I figured out what the issue was. The attributes were set up wrong in the beginning. They were created on the product and in Hebrew and we should have created them in the attributes section under products and first made them in English and then translate them in WPML.

Then I go into the variable products and add the attributes as normal.

It is working so far...

Thank you,
Sarah
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 15, 2014 2:38 pm
Hi,

Great to hear, that you've figured it out and thanks for the solution, it may be helpful for other users.