New to GavickPro

eCommerce WordPress theme with various e-store features and WooCommerce support.
GK User
Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:29 pm
Hey,

Just signed up for the service, I'm setting up a site with the StoreBox theme. I've gathered that the theme works with widgets, but I have a few questions:

Code: Select all
readymade.admedia.es

i. Child theme - is it necessary? I like to use one to overwrite theme images, CSS, etc. but after uploading background images with the same names as the ones in the main StoreBox theme, I don't see any change.

ii. Widgets for homepage - which widgets are they? I though maybe Header, Header Bottom, Top Widgets I/II & mainbody - but not sure.

iii. Setting up a homepage - do I need to create a "Home" page? Or is it built of widgets?

iv. Full Documentation - isn't there a 'Read Me' or documentation for just a general StoreBox setup? I could only find a "generic" Gavick Framework guide, what different pages & features did, but not exactly where and how to implement.

v. WooCommerce - This is related to the "Your theme has bundled outdated copies of WooCommerce template files" error WooCommerce is showing on all pages. I've just updated to the latest version of StoreBox & WooC, but it's still there :(

Basically I don't know where to start :oops: , maybe I need more plug-ins other than WooCommerce?

Thanks! :D
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:33 pm
Hello,

Welcome to our club :)

Regarding your questions:
1. It's necessary if you want to make a lot of code modifications, you should also copy css files with the images, then you'll see the effect, please check this article:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wo ... ld-themes/

2,3,4 Our demo homepage is based on widgets (GK Image Show, Product gallery, News blocks, and news gallery):
http://www.gavick.com/demo/wordpress/st ... age_id=756 , so you have to create widgets and set widget rules to display them on homepage, all widget's configuration and other documentation connected with Storebox can be found here:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wo ... iguration/
Remember that you can use a quicsktart package (then you'll have all widget's, configurations and content preconfigured exactly as on our demo website).

5. Could you provide an URL to your website? (here or via PM) then I'll try to help, regarding more plugins - it depends what exactly do you want to have on your website.

GK User
Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:01 pm
Hey Piotr, thanks!

Sure, the URL is in my first post, inside code tags.

1. But if I upload an image to the same path as were it is in the parent theme, it should overwrite right? Also what about the CSS file itself? I've tried style.css but that's not working, do I need to put it in a /css folder?

2/3/4. Thanks, getting the hang of this now... So widgets are what organize the pages, I can add more than 1 of the same type widget to the same space, and then just make it 'only' display on certain pages?

5. Ah ok, got it. I wasn't sure if there were any other plugins to add to StoreBox (as WooC. didn't come with it on download.

Cheers,

Brad
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:47 am
1. Not exactly, css file loads the image, so in your case css is taken from parent theme and load image from parent images direcotry, style.css file is only for info, description in the backend, you have to put your modified css e.g. template.css into Storebox-Child/css directory. - then, you can upload new images (with the same directory structure) into child theme.

2/3/4 Sure, you can add more than 1 widget (the same type) and specify widget rules to display only on certain page(s).

5. There's only WooCommerce plugin in our demo website (rest of widgets are built-in the theme)

GK User
Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:39 pm
1. Ah right, got it!

5. About the WooCommerce error, did you manage to check the site? I'm still seeing it:

"Your theme has bundled outdated copies of WooCommerce template files – if you encounter functionality issues on the frontend this could the reason. Ensure you update or remove them (in general we recommend only bundling the template files you actually need to customize). See the system report for full details."

"content-product.php,
product-image.php version 2.0.3 is out of date. The core version is 2.0.14"
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:45 am
Hi,

After WooCommerce 2.1 update we updated our themes, but unfortunately in this version there were a lot of mistakes so WC 2.1.1 and WC 2.1.2 were released shortly after version 2.1 and there are also other template file changed - e.g. product-image.php

but don't worry I checked this file and it's ok, we'll fix this file version as soon as possible.

GK User
Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:48 pm
Great, look forward to seeing next update
Junior Boarder