How to display a widget on iPad but NOT iPhone??

eCommerce WordPress theme with various e-store features and WooCommerce support.
GK User
Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:19 pm
Could someone tell me how to display a widget on iPad but not on iPhone? thanks
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:53 pm
Hi,

In widget rules set visible on: "Tablets".

GK User
Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:02 pm
I did this but something funny happens. The widget is disabled for iPhones only when phone is held vertical. As soon as phone is held horizontal, to expand view, the widget (that was set only to "tablet") magically appears. Could u explain this?? ref: http://drshawnadarou.com and see the "Free eBook | Newsletter signup" widget on the right. Also, when the iPhone is held vertical there is a little white column to the right of the main window, however when I switch to horizontal view it disappears. could u explain this?

Thanks
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:38 pm
Of course widgets rules work properly. You have to understand that visible on tablets not refers only to Ipad and visible on mobile not refers only to Iphone.

When widgets rules is set to display only on tablets, screen width is checked, so it's normal when Iphone is held vertical the screen width is longer and may be treated like tablets. Of course you can check your devices resolution and set your own values to mobile and tablets width (Dashobard -> Storebox -> Layout tab)

GK User
Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:29 pm
I'm using the iPad mini in vertical mode to define min tablet width. I'll check out what you said and get back to u. Thanks for now.
Gold Boarder