rules sub-catagory widget in the sidebar.

eCommerce WordPress theme with various e-store features and WooCommerce support.
GK User
Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:21 am
Hi, I'm working with your "Siderbar" widget area. I added a "Sub-Catagory" widget to display my sub categories in the side bar of my posts. I choose widget rules and select "no pages excepting" -> Select Category. I then add put in a category slug like "women's-health". This works fine when going to the post from the top main menu link but when i'm on that page and select an item on the sidebar it take me to a category page with no sidebar. To get a sidebar on that category page i then have to go back to the widget and add the cat# to the add page. This is very tedious to do for 60 categories. I use 4 main parent categories with a bunch of sub-categories under each. is there a way to designate the sidebar to display in the category pages the same way as in the post pages?? So far i'm just working on one top main menu item at a time.

Ref: http://integralmedicine.ca/

storebox_grab8.gif
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:31 am
Hi,

On widget rules, select page to add: category and don't type anytghing - click add page, then yo'll add all post category. You can also invert visible rule (all pages expect) and set excluded pages..

GK User
Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:30 pm
it worked in reverse. now it's showing on All pages except the one's I specified not to. It makes my problem in reverse. Now I have to input all the pages not to place it that side bar in. My original problem only happens when i click on a category link in the side bar. It's that next page that loads (it's a cat page and not a post page), it loads without the side bar. i need a way to include that side bar on ALL those sub category pages under that category parent tree. Any ideas??

Thanks
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:42 pm
i had i little break thru by choosing "no pages expecting" selecting "category" blank field "add page" and then selecting "no pages expecting", selecting "category", slug="womens-health". Now it shows on all category pages and all post pages listed under parent category with a "women's-health" slug. I haven't tried this with another menu branch but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Thanks for now. Your awesome.

J
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:54 pm
Funny - Im having the same problem, using the sidebar area and trying various category and subcategory widgets.

Using Multisite, Game theme.

The widget rules just dont work.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:27 am
Hi @2iventures, which rules exactly don't work? Could you send me a PM with backend access to your website? Then I'll be able to check it exactly.

GK User
Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:33 am
Piotr Kunicki wrote:Hi @2iventures, which rules exactly don't work? Could you send me a PM with backend access to your website? Then I'll be able to check it exactly.

I have tried "include" these categories ONLY (also with the dependents option) and it shows on all categories. I wish to setup a sidebar menu with subcategories using the collapsable categories plugin but only show this plugin on specific taxonomy, or at least expand the relevant category on the category shown.

I have also tried to exclude categories and it doesnt show on any at all.

I have tried various category / subcategory plugins and none of them work with the widget rules.
Fresh Boarder