Installation of MyFolio is failed

September 2011 WordPress Theme
GK User
Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:27 am
Hi!
I've just bought a theme. Unfortunately, I've got the following error trying to install it on WP 4.1:

Installing Theme from uploaded file: gk_myfolio_quickstart.zip

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme install failed.

Can you please suggest what I should do to install the theme?
Thanks,
Grigory
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:27 am
Hello,
You can't install the quickstart package on existing wordpress website, because the quickstart is a full WordPress installation that installs WordPress, the theme, plugins, widgets and demo content to match our demo. If you cannot use the quickstart package then you will need to install the standalone theme package and manually place and configure the widgets according to our documentation.

https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wo ... rt-package

GK User
Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:27 am
Hi Piotr,

Thanks for your swift reply. I managed to delete the pre-installed WordPress on GoDaddy.com and install your theme using the quickstart package. I did it, yeah! :D

I'm a novice at WP, I searched your forum carefully, but couldn't find the answers to these questions:

1. Now the WP asks me to update to 4.1 version. Is it safe to update? Will the theme work?

2. How can I edit 'Contact Info', 'About me', 'Testimonials' on the front page? Also how can I set up/change social media buttons on the front page? And what about 'Hire me' button and 'MyFolio' logo?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!
Grigory
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:57 am
Hi,

Unfortunately this theme is not supported (we don't support themes older than 2 years), so there's no guarantee, but I think that there won't be a problem with the update. (you can try the localhost installation first).

All elements like Contact Info, testimonials etc are based on text widgets, so you can change it in the Widgets -> Bottom I and Sidebar widget areas (just edit text widgets).

Regarding the logo, please go to Myfolio -> Template Options -> Theme branding tab
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wo ... g-settings

GK User
Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:23 am
Piotr,

Another question about the site title. I changed the site title in WP - Settings - General Settings - Site Title field. The same information is in WP - Appearance - Customize - Site Title & Tagline. Unfortunately, it didn't change the title, which is shown as "Myfolio >> Responsive WordPress Theme". See the link as following: http://guseva.net

How can I change the site title to the right one?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:54 am
Please go to Myfolio -> Template Options -> SEO Tab, here you may change these titles and other options connected with the SEO or you can disable this section completely if you want to use another SEO plugin.