GK nsp in a page

September 2011 WordPress Theme
GK User
Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:20 pm
I am trying to use another instance of GK nsp on a new page. I have placed it in the mainbody area, and set the widget rules so that it should only appear on that page, but it does not. In the mainbody area, there is a warning "Widgets area used only if is enabled in the theme options instead of showing posts", so that may be the problem, but I cannot find how to enable it in the theme options.
Thank you for any suggestions.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:10 am
Hi,

You have to enable "Widgets Display on Homepage"option in Myfolio -> Template Options -> Basic tab.

GK User
Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:31 am
Thank you for the quick response.
The option is enabled and the home page is fine, the problem I have is that I am trying to use the widget on another page, and I have not found how to enable widgets in the main body of regular (non home) pages.
My workaround for now is to place the widget in another area, and it works. It's just that the mainbody area is not widget-enabled for pages other than home.
Is there another setting for these?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:56 am
Ok now I understand, unfortunately you can't use mainbody widget position on pages other than homepage. You have to use Mainbody Top, Mainbody Bottom or others.

GK User
Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:57 am
Got it. Thank you.
Just out of curiosity, is that a limitation of WP, or just the way the theme is built?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:56 am
Theme is built this way, this area is used to display posts and pages main content, but standard wp themes don't have mainbody widget position at all. Theoretically it can be done, but you have to change page and post content and other files, so it's not a good solution I think.

Easier and better you can just add your own additionall widget position in index.php or before/after.php files.
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wor ... ess-theme/