Problems with highlighter gk1

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:58 pm
Hi everyone! I'm begginer with highlighter and have trouble. It doesn´t work and I´ve configured according to the help archive that brings the module. But everything is black and the text don't shou it. Any solution? Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:28 am
:woohoo: I was waiting on this module. But the same with me. Somehow the content is not showing up.

I have a shape 5 template with Joomla 1.5.7 (not yet upgraded it)
Is that the thing?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:21 am
Without link probably I can't help you - maybe it is problem with permissions for style.php or importer.php file.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:40 am
I get the same thing depending on which section I choose. If I choose section ID 1 it works, but if I choose any of my other sections it doesn't display anything.

Ive compared section setup and they are identical, and tried copying content items between sections in case it is that, and tried ensuring menu items are linked from front page and any other differences I can think of but just doesn't work with any of the other sections. Have tried all the different script config settings too.

using Joomla 1.5.8

Site is http://www.rstubbington.com/leighcricket

Nice module...but only if it works!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:37 am
Hi,

I am having the same problem. I am using Joomla 1.5.8 and have followed all the instructions in the "HelpFileNewsHighLighterGK1.pdf" file. Still nothing shows up, but the "HOT NEWS" text. I tried setting the section id to 1, as stubbo suggested. Nothing. Does anyone have any idea how to get this working?

http://www.decalology.com/

Many Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:07 am
I am also having the same problem with only the How News showing up. Using 1.5.7 and Firefox.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:25 pm
Did you try using categories as content source ?
Administrator

GK User
Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:23 am
I stand corrected. Using ONLY the category as the source, worked!

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:55 am
not working on Joomla 1.5.8. no mootools, simple template for J 1.5.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:15 am
Does this module have a problem? i cant seem to upload it. i get the "There was an error uploading this file to the server." what could be the problem?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:22 am
check permissions in upload directories
Administrator

GK User
Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:59 pm
I checked permissions and they are all 755. Still doesn't work
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:19 pm
try permissions 777 - you can change it after upload to 755...
Administrator

GK User
Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:42 am
Hi,

Did any of you manage to fix it ?
Having the same problem: www.b-solar.be (1.5.9)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:28 pm
In the Admin, edit module, expand the "advanced options" menu and "force enable" the scripts. See if that works
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:48 pm
The people that still have problems with it could set up an account and we could see and check what is the issue.
Senior Boarder