Gavick News Highlighter GK1 - Problem when no article in category

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:26 am
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a problem with this module. Gavick News Highlighter GK1. I am using the Joomla V 1.5.23.

My problem : Publish the module in a potion, select one category having no item (Article), then the next & prev button enabled & in the page count is automaticly goinig & showing JS error.

Error: effects1[actual] is undefined
Source File: http://192.168.0.41:200/modules/mod_gk_ ... ompress.js
Line: 54

Another problem is, when only one item (article) in the selected category. Then also first showing that one item, then its gone.

Please help me,
Thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:00 pm
Hi

Please show me Your site and send an access to joomla panel.

GK User
Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:33 am
Dear teitbite,

So sorry for the access, its in stagging status. No public URL.

Its a default system problem, Let me explain the problem:

All other params are default !

First problem:

1. Open the module & publish the module in a potion in template.
2. In module param - select one category having only one article in it.
3. Then showing that single item. then after the time interval that item is disappear and not seeing any more.

Second problem:

1. Open the module & publish the module in a potion in template.
2. In module param - select one category having no article in it.
3. Then the next & prev button enabled
4. Then I think item scrolling automatically going & showing JS error.

Please have a look,
Thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:55 pm
Hi

Sorry, but it's telling me nothing. I believe the problem is because of some conflict with the template so I need to see running it together.

GK User
Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:07 am
Hi,

But...I have not changed any files or style in this module, default one only I checked, the same
Param_one.JPG

Param_two.JPG

Param_three.JPG

template page only I am using no change (content.php).

- Only selected one section & category (having only one article) = > first see the one article after animation interval its disappear. But here no error.
- Only selected one section & category (having no article) = > After animation interval its show JS error.

Its a BUG of the BASE core module.
Thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:49 pm
Hi

It still looks like it's the conflict with a template or some extention to me. But I cannot be sure without seeing it. If this would be a bug than there would be more reports with this problem. Also I've used this module several times and had no problem like that.