Highlighter GK1 & Arrow positions

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:59 am
Hi,

I'm using Highlighter GK1 on my website (www.changingplanet.co.uk/test) and it all works perfectly fine. I just want to make one minor change that I can't seem to figure out how to do it. The next/prev arrows I want to have aligned all the way to the right of the module so that you get: "Latst News" / Article text / Prev&Next Arrows, in that specific order.

I can't seem to fix it with CSS as there doesn't appear to be a "class" assigned to the div modules for the arrows and I can't figure out in the PHP files where I might add such a class description, allowing me to do a { float: right; } in CSS subsequently.

Any ideas?
Junior Boarder

Konrad M
Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:01 pm
Hi
Can you send url link again becasue this one doesn't work ;)

GK User
Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:02 pm
Apologies, it should have been .co.uk rather than .com (www.changingplanet.co.uk/test)

Changed the first post as well.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:16 pm
Any thoughts, anyone?

/shameless bump ftw. :)
Junior Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:20 am
Hi
Try add to override.css
Code: Select all
.gk_is_next {
right:15px !important;
top:319px !important;
}
.gk_is_prev {
left:none !important;
top:319px !important;
right:55px !important;
}

GK User
Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:45 am
Ah, I see what you're doing there but that doesn't have the desired effect. It's moving the arrows of the NSP module, not the arrows of the Highlighter module. I probably didn't explain myself well enough, apologies for that.

What I meant is that the arrows within the purple box I want to have moved to the location of the red box if that's possible:

layout_2011-02-25-2.jpg
Junior Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:47 am
Sorry :D I thougt that you want to move NSP arrows ;)
In my Firefox I even don't see Higlighter arrows.

GK User
Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:49 am
Haha, my mistake. Sorry. Moving the NSP arrows I figured out myself as they have a div class assigned to them, but the arrows for highlighter only have a.class assigned to them, which doesn't seem to do what I want. :)
Junior Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:01 am
Ok :) Try move them back. And let me know when you do that ;)

GK User
Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:13 am
Done :)

PS. Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it. Now I know why a friend of my recommended me to pay for a lifetime subscription. :)
Junior Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:20 am
I cleaned browser cache and checked in every browsers but still I don't see arrows ;)

GK User
Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:22 am
That's absolutely bizarre, as I can see them in firefox and IE, as well as on Safari on my wife's Mac. ANd the image in my previous post is basically a screenshot of five minutes ago and since then I've not changed a thing. :huh:
Junior Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:33 am
Ok I got them. You add width 30px and arrows go down.
Try this in override.css
Code: Select all
div#news-highlight-1 .gk_news_highlighter_interface div {
float:right;
margin-left:900px;
position:absolute;
}

GK User
Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:41 am
Oh, you're an absolute start. That works like a charm, thank you so much. These little things might be simple to you guys, but I've been doing my head in with this for the last few days. Yet, looking at the solution it does make sense and I'm learning so much just by understanding how the pro's do things!
Junior Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:46 am
I glad I helped :)