Highlighter GK4 stopped working after template update

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:29 pm
Hello,

I just updated Publisher template for one on my sites. It is now on test server and i updated any changes i have made and template works fine. But i have problem with Highlighter GK4 module. I have the same properties set as in original old templated site but it started to behave strange. It displays some text from article, then text dissapears. After 3 seconds text is vissible again etc. Additionally text stream isnt cropped at templates end - it flows through whole screen from right side. After page reloading, sometimes there arent any text at all but i can see growing and growing horizontal size of browser page - slider at the bottom gets smaller and smaller.
I tried to reinstall that module and i tried to copy exact version of the module from old site to new one (the same version 1.9) but it still doesnt work.

Here is my site on test server:
http://fantom.b13.eu

I would be very indebted if you can help.
Regards
Przemek Szatkowski
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:21 pm
Hi

I can see a couple of javascript errors on Your site. Most probably because of multiple jQuery being loaded or wrong version of jQuery being used. Please send me an access to joomla panel so I'll try switch modules to right library.

teitbite
Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:02 pm
Hi

Please send me an access to ftp. I need to show this to programmers for fix.

teitbite
Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:45 pm
Hi

Access send to programmers. Will let You know when they will answer.

https://github.com/GavickPro/Templates/issues/822

GK User
Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:41 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

Access send to programmers. Will let You know when they will answer.

https://github.com/GavickPro/Templates/issues/822

Thank you. But this link is broken. Will You inform me about progress of this issue by this forum or have i to check github?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:51 am
Hi

This link was for me so I will not have to look for my bug report :)

Ok. Problem is that Highlighter GK4 version is very old and we have already created a new family of this module line called GK5, so I simply replaced old module with new one and it works.

I just had to add this to override.css to fix the problem displaying it in this particular module position.

Code: Select all
#gkTopBanner {
    float: none;
}

GK User
Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:40 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

This link was for me so I will not have to look for my bug report :)

Ok. Problem is that Highlighter GK4 version is very old and we have already created a new family of this module line called GK5, so I simply replaced old module with new one and it works.

I just had to add this to override.css to fix the problem displaying it in this particular module position.

Code: Select all
#gkTopBanner {
    float: none;
}

Thank you very much.

Regards
Przemek
Senior Boarder