Highlighter GK5 results in Error: 1064

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:57 pm
Hi,

I am trying to use Highlighter GK5 to display testimonials on a website, but everytime I publish the module, I get the following error:

Code: Select all
Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-8' at line 25 SQL=SELECT content.id AS id, content.alias AS alias, content.title AS title, content.introtext AS text, content.created AS date, content.publish_up AS date_publish, content.hits AS hits, content.featured AS frontpage    FROM xvcws_k2_items AS content WHERE content.published = 1 AND content.access IN (1,1,2,3) AND ( content.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR content.publish_up <= '2014-02-05 21:46:35' ) AND ( content.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR content.publish_down >= '2014-02-05 21:46:35' ) AND ( content.catid = 1 ) ORDER BY content.ordering DESC LIMIT 0,-8;

The data source is a K2 category that I have set up called "Testimonials" and there are currently 4 K2 items in that category.

If I unpublish the module, then the page is fine. What's going on?

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:04 pm
If it helps, you can view the website here: http://tests.sobecreation.com/builds/luk/

For now, I'm trying to re-create the Highlighter effect using News Show Pro instead. (I've unpublished the Highlighter module so I can continue working on the site, but I can re-publish it if that's helpful.)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:08 pm
Hi

Yes having a limit in sql query with a minus value is odd. I will need an access to joomla panel to see the settings of the module.

GK User
Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:46 am
I am having a similar ERROR but its

Error
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'content.id = 1702 OR content.id = 1807 OR content.id = 1628 OR content.id = 1' at line 27 SQL=EXPLAIN SELECT content.id AS id, content.permalink AS alias, content.title AS title, content.intro AS text, content.created AS date, content.publish_up AS date_publish, content.hits AS hits, content.frontpage AS frontpage, content.category_id AS cid, categories.title AS catname, categories.alias AS cat_alias, users.email AS author_email, users.name AS author_username, content.created_by AS author_id, content.image AS image FROM x6rga_easyblog_post AS content LEFT JOIN x6rga_easyblog_category AS categories ON categories.id = content.category_id LEFT JOIN x6rga_users AS users ON users.id = content.created_by WHERE 1=1 content.id = 1702 OR content.id = 1807 OR content.id = 1628 OR content.id = 1797 OR content.id = 1665 OR content.id = 1799 OR content.id = 1806 OR content.id = 1754 OR content.id = 1723 ORDER BY RAND()
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:10 pm
Hi

Looks like this error is connected with EasyBlog. Please try to disable EasyBlog extention to see if this eror will dissapear. Than let me know what module was it and if it was one of ours please send me an access to joomla panel and ftp.