500 error

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:18 am
Ive been racking my brain for a while and finally figured out what the problem was and wanted to post it in case anyone else was running into the same issue with the gk4 highligher module.

I kept getting 500 errors every time I'd try to edit the module in the back-end, and on the front end, nothing with the module would work.

I ended up finding out in mod_highlighter_gk4 --> admin --> elements --> assets.php there is a sort of "typo" in the code where it starts with <?phpif(!defined('DS')){

There is supposed to be a space between <?php and if

I used the quickstart version of game_magazine for joomla 3.x. Once I added the space between the two elements above, everything worked flawlessly on the backend, but I still am unable to get the module to display information on the front end.

Ideas?

Code: Select all
<?php if(!defined('DS')){
   define('DS',DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR);
}

defined('JPATH_BASE') or die;

jimport('joomla.form.formfield');

class JFormFieldAsset extends JFormField {
        protected $type = 'Asset';

protected function getInput() {
                $doc = JFactory::getDocument();
                $doc->addScript(JURI::root().$this->element['path'].'script.js');
                $doc->addScript(JURI::root().$this->element['path'].'/colorpicker/DynamicColorPicker.js');
                $doc->addStyleSheet(JURI::root().$this->element['path'].'style.css');       
                return null;
        }
}

?>
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:23 am
update - i got the module to work by adjusting my time offset to +12

weird it will only work on +12...but HEY! It works :D
Senior Boarder