NewsII Highlighter GK1 v1.6.0

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:15 pm
Like many the buttons is not showing correctly. I have read through all the treads and i must have missed the one that helps me. SO can you please tell me what is the fix for this so that i may apply it. The old verison in the quick install worked fine, but when i uninstalled the old one and installed the new one it gave me this?
Thanks

www.swaggakings.com/test
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:03 pm
change -Interface buttons area width- and -Module height- in module options (look at the top 3. and 5. option)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:55 pm
Thanks for the suggestion and i tried them before
i made this post. I started with a mod height of 24 and width 780 with Interface buttons area 120. I increased it to mod height of 80 and width 917 with Interface buttons area 250. This made the top area higher and the arrows are still cut off with out the articles scrolling across. If i bring the numbers down, the articles will scroll, the text moves loser to the left and the arrows show the same. hmmm i am up for any other suggestion my friend :cheer:
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:59 pm
Hi

If you want to use the HighLighter configuration used on the demo, please follow this configuration. You can also find it on the HelpFile.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:07 am
:) even though that is the panel for the old version that came with the quick install and worked fine by the way, its not the panel i have. However, i set as many of the settings the same as you suggested. Result, more words across the top but arrows are still chopped off. Seems to me upgrading was a bad choice as the old one worked fine. Problem is i cant get the old one back so figuring out this one will be wonderful. Any more suggestions anyone????

;) cheers
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:20 pm
Hi

Please in gk_stuff.css modyfie class:

Code: Select all
.gk_news_highlighter_interface a {
display:block;
float:left;
height:10px !important;
margin:10px 0 0 0 !important;
width:13px !important;
padding-top:3px;
}

GK User
Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:56 pm
Thanks My Friend - IT WORKS PERFECTLY! :woohoo:
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed May 26, 2010 9:45 pm
What did you change it to to get it to work?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 27, 2010 1:07 pm
Hi

Please show me Your site.