Not works again for new release "News" and "World News II"

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:39 pm
News Show Pro GK4 and Highlighter GK4 not works again for new release "News" and "World News II" for Joomla 3.0. I tried to modify "Time Offset" is 0 but not shows a new article on Home Page.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:24 pm
Mac_66 your case is related with your wrong time configuration - your server returned difference between real time bigger that 12 hours (which is the maximum offset for NSP and Higlighter configuration). I've checked this and when you run Joomla! API function getDate() it returns wrong time.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:59 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Mac_66 your case is related with your wrong time configuration - your server returned difference between real time bigger that 12 hours (which is the maximum offset for NSP and Higlighter configuration). I've checked this and when you run Joomla! API function getDate() it returns wrong time.

I not know that function getDate() Where finds?
I tried to change tiem zone is zero but not works yet.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:23 pm
Template "News" works for a new article but World News II not works for a new article.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:57 am
Finally it works perfectly. I saved the code and I will replace when it will be next release. Thank you again!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:27 pm
My advise is to check server/Joomla! configuration because it may cause lot of problems with other extension (not Gavick ones).
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:31 pm
bkrztuk wrote:My advise is to check server/Joomla! configuration because it may cause lot of problems with other extension (not Gavick ones).

Really? Ok, I will check server/Joomla! if I get other errors and I will write you here. Now it is ok. Anyway I will check it yet.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:10 am
Well Hi
I have joomla 3.1.1 and just put in template world news 2 newly installed with out quick start.
with highlighter GK4 just successfully uploaded from your site (along with other GK4 modules) I get ERROR 1146 Table 'mysitename'_jos1.jos_K2_categories' doesnt exist SQL=SELECT c.name AS name,c.id AS id,c.parent AS parent FROM K2 ......
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:57 am
What kind of data source you use ? It looks like K2 but the error message says that K2 is probably not installed. Please check this with default Joomla! data source.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:04 am
bkrztuk wrote:What kind of data source you use ? It looks like K2 but the error message says that K2 is probably not installed. Please check this with default Joomla! data source.

I really dont know what that means. check this with default J..data source
Do you mean look in my joomla website backend modules and see if I have K2?
if so no I dont.
Meanwhile..
my while the site has frozen.. is this the links problem this template has?
I have only just started with a new joomla 3 installation. I am in such a mess I would rather scrap this site and start again with a quickstart but I am such a novice I really cant understand your instructions on how to clear the decks.
Do I just wipe all the files in my cpanel www file? and then just upload a quickstart package through ftp?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:38 am
Please start with quickstart. Complete tutorial you can find here https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... oomla-1-6/
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:41 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Please start with quickstart. Complete tutorial you can find here https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... oomla-1-6/

Ok Hi I have restarted and installed package after much struggle. Installation done but when I go to frontpage I get a white page with -

Index of /

gk_twn2_quickstart_J!3.zip
gk_twn2_quickstart_J30/

then when I happen to click on
gk_twn2_quickstart_J30/

i get my frontpage.How do I remove this uneccessary step please?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:12 am
You mean you have two directories in your installation yes ? Now you need just copy files from the subdirectory to root of you server.
Platinum Boarder