Different color for title and intro text

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:54 pm
Hi,
is there any method to have title and intro text with different color in highlighter? At the moment I was able to change the "span" attributes to make the whole text look different, but how can I change title and text separately?

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:41 pm
Hi

Try something like:

Code: Select all
.gkHighlighterItem a span {color: #ff5500}
.gkHighlighterItem a {color: #000!important}

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:03 pm
Thank you, unfortunately I don't want to link news to articles, so after searching I found where to modify the script: in 'helper.php' lines
                if( $this->config['show_title'] ){   $news_content .= '<span>' . $news_title . '</span>';  }
                if( $this->config['show_desc'])  {    $news_content .= ': ';
                                                             $news_content .= $news_text; }

become
                if( $this->config['show_title'] ){   $news_content .= '<span class="gkHighlighter_title">' . $news_title . ': </span>';  }
                if( $this->config['show_desc'])  {    $news_content .= '<span class="gkHighlighter_text">';
                                                             $news_content .= $news_text . '</span>'; }

and now I can set different formats with '.gkHighlighter_title' and '.gkHighlighter_text'.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:52 pm
Hi again

You don't have to change anything on helper.php file.
Go to module parameters > Layout and disable "News as links" option.

Now use instead this css:

/* for title */
.gkHighlighterItem span span {color: #ff5500}
/* for text */
.gkHighlighterItem span {color: #000}

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:38 pm
Well, that's much more simple! :oops:
thanks again!