Internet Explorer layout problem

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
ssinghuk
Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:13 pm
Hi,
I have installed News Highligher.
It looks great in Firefox, but in Internet Explorer, the scrolling text link to the articles does not lie directly within the border. Has anyone seen this problem before and do you know how to fix it?
Thanks,

GK User
Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:22 pm
Can you show your URL?
Platinum Boarder

ssinghuk
Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:42 pm
Hi,

Here's my test server link:

www.dubairentals.uaelettings.com

GK news highlighter is the top news ticker in the mainbody of the homepage.

Open in I.E and Firefox and you will see the difference. The internet explorer problem is only fixed if you roll your mouse over the GK News Highlighter which somehow corrects the layout problem - but if you don't roll your mouse over it the text remains out of line....

Thanks for your help...

GK User
Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:51 am
Hi

Try adding this code on ie7 exception css file.
If you don't have it, like it seams, add this code on <head></head>.

Code: Select all
<!--[if IE 7]><link href="<?php echo $template_baseurl; ?>/css/ie7.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /><![endif]-->

Them create ie7.css file on relative path and this code on it.

Code: Select all
div#news-highlight-1 .gk_news_highlighter_item a {
top: 10px!important;
position: relative;
}

Cheers;)
Platinum Boarder

ssinghuk
Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:10 am
cheers... apologies - which file are you referring to that I insert the first piece of code into?

GK User
Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:34 am
On your index.php template file.
Platinum Boarder