HELP!!! Cannot get rid of interface text in NH GK1

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:43 pm
Joomla 1.5.11
News Highlighter GK1 v1.5.2

In the module configuration it is not possible to remove the text from the "Text" field. It seems to have picked this up from the module name e.g. "Hot News".

When I blank this field out and then Save or Apply, when editing the module the same text appears again!

I even tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the News Highlighter GK1 module - and it *still* remembered what was in this "Text" field when creating a new module!

HELP!

I guess I can go and remove this from the relevant database table somewhere, but that really shouldn't be necessary?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer......
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:42 am
hi jpeckham,

i don't know whether it is legal or not but u gotta make some changes in php and xml file for dis..

1. open helper.php file which is in "yourwebsite/modules/mod_gk_news_highlighter" folder.

2. go to line 85 (use some editor) which says,
$this->config['introtext'] = $params->get('introtext', 'HOT NEWS');
and change it to this
$this->config['introtext'] = $params->get('introtext', '');

don't use quotes...

3. open mod_gk_news_highlighter.xml file which is in same folder as above one.

4. go to line 75 (use editor) which says,
<param name="introtext" type="text" default="HOT NEWS" label="TEXT" description="TEXT_DESC" />
and change it to this
<param name="introtext" type="text" default="" label="TEXT" description="TEXT_DESC" />

4. than blank the TEXT field out as u tried before and save ur changes.

have fun

tc
Fresh Boarder