Nothing shown after installation

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:38 pm
I have just installed higlighter. I have also installed News Pro 2 v1.0.2 but it is not activated. I have read all the threads concerning this problem and have tried all the given solution but I still cannot get any articles to show.

The words HOT NEWS and the arrows are shown but no articles is shown. I have set the Moo Tools and Scripts to Automatic, Force Enable and Force Disable but nothing works.

My site is http://www.justplaygreen.org

Show only frontpage articles is set to disable.

I have tried on IE 7 and Google Chrome. Same problem.

What else should I do?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:25 am
I have installed the module (1.5.2) on a demo Joomla site (1.5.10).

First there articles were displayed in a large block, then after applying configs according to the doc supplied, I could get the default text "HOT NEWS" to display.

A little more fiddling and some text is displaying albeit, it all runs together and there is NO animation.

you can see it here
Current settings are:

(enabled)
Additional div with interface
News as links
Show title
Show description

Animation type: horz slide
Animation speed : 50
Animation interval : 2000
Animation transition : QuadEaseInOut

I also have tried to force enable/disable Mootools, with no luck. It is currently on automatic.

I would love to get this working....

Please help.[url][/url]
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:50 am
At least you have the titles running. I do not even have that. I am also using Joomla 1.10

The module I downloaded is stated to be the latest. Anyway I just downloaded a week ago. I do not know how to check for the version.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:43 am
Because there was a similar issue with my YOOtheme modules, I was chasing an answer from them too.

It was a permissions problem. I have changed my template files to 755 and voila! I believe permissions are inherited from parent folders, so you may have to look at changing permissions of directories above etc.

Good Luck!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:48 am
You can see the version of a module in admin > extensions > install/uninstall > modules. Look for the module you require and there should be a column called "version" :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:56 am
All my permissions are 755.

Wish someone would help.
Fresh Boarder