Failing to get module to work

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:55 pm
Hi there,

my enthusiasm for the highlighter is a lot higher than my skill in getting it to work.

I am playing around with joomla 1.5.10 and I got the version which was made march 26th 2009.

My settings:

and the non-result.

So how do I get the articles to actually show up in the ticker, preferably moving.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:58 pm
Highlighter works with sections, categories and id articles, so the you should to do it set a category where do you want save the articles that you want show on this module, even you can modify the look and the effect.
Regards
Gavick Girl
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:01 pm
Hey Mariela,

I am sorry, but I don't fully understand.
I already told it to work with "news/latest". Do you mean I must also add the id's of these section/category which I already added? And do you mean that whenever I put a new article on, I need to edit the highlighter to include the new news?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:11 pm
I was telling you the full functions of this module, for choose a look or effect you can see over there about some examples http://tools.gavick.com/demo/highlighter-gk1
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:19 pm
Yeah, I know that one. I kinda meant to ask: what am I doing wrong with my settings? Didn't realize the picture didn't show up properly, fixed it now.

So looking at the first post, what changes should I make.

edit: I already changed my news amount from "null" to 10.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:20 pm
Nobody?
Fresh Boarder