Does Highlighter assign itemid to its links?

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:28 pm
Hi,

I've been struggling with an issue in a J1.7 site using Highlighter on the front page of a template that allows hiding of the component content on the home page.

I also use sh404sef, and have been through this in their forum. They told me to ask here.

What's happening is that when a new K2 Item is added to the selected category ("News"), it appears in Highlighter on the home page with the home page's itemid inserted into the URL. So when the visitor clicks on the News item link, they not only get all the home page modules on the News item page, but there is also no component content output on the page.

In sh404sef I can see that two systems URLs are being created for each News item: one with an itemid matching a menu item for the "News" category, and another with the Home Page itemid. Unfortunately, it's this 2nd URL that is being automatically selected as the default display for the SEF URL.

Is there anyway for this module to manage the itemids inserted into the URLs of the highlighted News items? Seems to me like it would an sh404sef or core Joomla issue, but I was told to "fix" the module.

Thanks,

Greg
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:57 pm
Did you create any menu item for articles displayed in Highlighter module ?
Platinum Boarder