Highlighter not working with other version

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Hello all,

I spend hours looking after this problem and now I think whats wrong.

Im using the highlighter on my test site, and it works perfectly. Now, I installed it on the new production site (same site only live) and it won't work.

I noticed this:

On my test site the module is:

mod_gk_news_highlighter Website 2.0 28/10/2008 Gavick.com

And on the production site it's:

mod_gk_news_highlighter Website 1.5 28/02/2009 Gavick.com

When using firefox, the one one the production site gives me the $Gavick is not defined error.

It's strange because the module on the test site has version 2.0 on the 28th of Oktober and the one on the production site is 1.5 on the 28th of Februari.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this, or send me the 2.0 version of the module?

Regards,

Ruud

For a non working demo look at http://www.ideal-module.nl it's on the top of the frontpage.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:43 pm
Please check permissions for importer.php file or disable option "Clean template code" in module settings ;)
Administrator

GK User
Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:58 pm
Hey dziudek,

I already read about this in other posts, but this doesn't solve the problem. Can it be because any change between the 1.5 and the 2.0 version?

Thanks for your reply.

Update:

I tried the 644 and 777 on the files importer.php and style.php
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:07 am
well it seems like something goes wrong with the importer.php because the gavick variable that the importer.php creates can't be found by the script somehow.

Hmm I just can't figure out why the $Gavick variable can't be used. I hope someone can help.

I already tried the chmod to 777 on the importer.php and all the settings of the module.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:38 pm
Small suggestion - if you have problems with permissions for importer.php file then please try disable option "clean template code" :)
Administrator

GK User
Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:05 am
Thanks for your reply

I tested it again with the clean template code disabled, but still no luck

In firefox Im still getting the $Gavick is not defined error, and no news items showing with the newest version of the module.

Any ideas?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:08 am
and what about "force enabled" in "use script" option ?
Administrator

GK User
Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:11 am
that still doesnt fix it :(

If you would like, I can create a test account for you so you can take a look.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:12 am
So please create :) And send it me to dziudek[at]gavick[dot]com
Administrator

GK User
Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:16 am
dziudek wrote:
So please create :) And send it me to dziudek[at]gavick[dot]com

Oke email with your login is send

domain is

http://www.ideal-module.nl/administrator