Animation is not working

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:52 am
I dont know whats going wrong but the every animation is not working.
The contents are shown only as static row and any animation is not working :(

What I did:
- I added mootools in the template index.php
- import.php and style.php is switched to 777
- I changed the timezone
- I switched the start position to "0"

What else can I do?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:01 pm
Nobody home here? :S
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:00 pm
Try disable clean template code option in module settings.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:38 am
I already tried all possible settings . The "disable clean template code option in module settings" is not the reason, too :S
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:59 am
i've been struggling with this module for a couple of hours now.

i've followed all the various advice on the multiple threads (set permissions, disable this, enable that) without any success.

i'm using musictop.

shouldn't this module:

1. just "work" without a ton of "try this/try that"
2. in particular, function properly with a gavick template? i mean, it's not like i'm using a yootheme template or anything.

such a great looking module on your demo - but it seems no one can get it to work, based on the numerous threads asking for help.

to which i can only say: my friends at gavick, what is going on with this module? does it work, or doesn't it?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:13 pm
Choose a category in the Module parameters.

Only great stuff at Gavick ;D

Cheers.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:59 pm
nope. just a stack of headlines. someone at gavick - can you weigh in on this and help us out?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:12 am
Category was already choosen but the same problem like "charger70" have ... just a stack of headlines ...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:27 am
I've got the same problem...you can see it here: http://www.pastoralegiovanile.sv.it/Nuovo%20sito/

I'm using Joomla 1.5.9...the last version.

Hope somebody can fix this! :dry:
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:56 pm
hey paletta, that's EXACTLY what i have going on.

the thing doesn't work for me - apparently it does for others, though!

i tried to put up a grab of the total module settings box but it wouldn't let me - "too long / tall" . . . go figure.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:01 pm
Same problem here! (Stacked news)

Is there a fix for this?
I need this ASAP..
Please, Gavick your support is great and fast, but this has taken a little to long to resolve.

PLEASE HELP!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:47 pm
hi there i had the same problem with fpss (joomlaworks slideshow) and i solve it with the same way as for this issue.

Just change the pemissions from 666 to 755 on:

modulesmod_gk_news_highlightermod_gk_news_highlighter.php
modulesmod_gk_news_highlightermod_gk_news_highlighter.xml
modulesmod_gk_news_highlightertmplcontent.php
modulesmod_gk_news_highlightertmpldefault.php
modulesmod_gk_news_highlightertmplindex.html

I don't know if i create a security issue doing that (pls the mods check this) but the highlighter works fine!

p.s. sorry for the "broken" english... :P
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:40 pm
Hi, on [url=plusconscient.net]my site[/url], permissions on the /modules dir were 777. I had to change them to 755 in addition of changing the permission of the highlighter files. If you still have problems, open the Appache log. You'll find something like

Code: Select all
[Mon Apr 06 09:54:29 2009] [error] [client 84.227.149.150] SoftException in Application.cpp:544: Directory "/home/pluscons/public_html/modules" is writeable by group, referer: http://plusconscient.net/
which means the access is 777 instead of 755 ! After setting the access to 755, the module finally worked as expected !

Jean-Pierre
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:29 pm
Hi,

I have some trouble with this module. The animation does't work so I tryed to change the permissions, but it still doesn't work. Does everyone get a solution for this problem ?

Thank you
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:14 pm
aibonne wrote:
Hi,

I have some trouble with this module. The animation does't work so I tryed to change the permissions, but it still doesn't work. Does everyone get a solution for this problem ?

Thank you

Hi

This extension have mootools support.
Check if other 3th party extension uses mootools library also and if so, try to disable the use of mootools on advanced parameters.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:45 am
Hi Seichinha,

First of all thank you for your reply. I tryed to disable the use of mootools and also to clean the template code but it still doesn't work :(
This module makes me crazy :woohoo:. Could you show me your modules settings ?

Thank you
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:36 pm
Hi there! I have the same problem. Check out my site:

http://www.ascastelrigone.com/content

In this page, pathway position, I've placed a news highlighter module. In my local installation it worked great but as I've put it on the web it doesn't. I've tried all the combination, with and without script enabling, mootools, template cleaning.

The results I have are:
- no buttons for news navigation
- no animations (I have animation only if I disable "clean template code")
- a new row for each news (even with animation)
- incorrect width of the module.

I've Gavick News Show GK3 and JoomLeague installed on my Joomla!

Please help.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:32 am
Hi

I cannot see your website.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:38 am
Sorry, I've tried to uninstall and reinstall Joomla! to solve the problem but nothing happens.

The address is:

http://www.ascastelrigone.com/site/

I have the news headers reported in several lines (rows) without animation. I get the animation working only if I disable the "clean code" option but it keeps the headers in several lines instead one line only and simply applies a fade animation (as you can see). Nothing happens if I "force disable" the mootools or scripts.

No buttons, nothing. Something totally different from your component.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Fresh Boarder