Problems since updated to Joomla 1.5.23

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:30 pm
Hi all,

I created a copy to update my website from 1.5.22 to 1.5.23 to check on problems before going live with 1.5.23 version. I use the Corporate 2 template.
I realized that the News Highlighter GK1, v1.6.1, is not working properly anymore, showing all three articles I have in the News section, at the same time and settings like colors and animations have gone as well.
As your current module is only available for 1.6 and 1.7 despite what is showing on Joomla Extensions website, I am not able to use this module anymore as the potential updated module for 1.5.23 is not available anymore.

Could you please give me your input on what can be done to have it working ? I am not ready yet to update to 1.7. Could be great.

Thanks a lot for your help !

SylvieG
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:12 am
Currently Corporate 2 Joomla Version 1.5 quickstart package includes joomla 1.5.24 and comes with Highlighter v1.60.

For test purposes I have installed a fresh copy and updated Highlighter module to v1.61 and both versions works fine.

Perhaps you are missing few files while updating your website.
Backup your test website and try below.

Try downloading quickstart package and copy template folder to your test installation.
Try re-downloading Highlighter module and overwriting your highlighter module folder.

It looks like a css conflict or missing css files if its showing all articles and no colors...
If its simply not moving at all then that would be javascript conflicts. Try it and let us know.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:08 pm
Hi normanUK,
I downloaded as you said on your message and have the v1.6.0 on my system but the problem remains. When I redownloaded the Corporate2 template folder I lost my parameters but I saw the highlighter module problem was not disapeared either, so might coming from somethingelse. If you have any other idea, it would be welcomed !

Thanks a lot,

Sylvie
Fresh Boarder