Highlighter shows pending items!

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:22 am
Hi!
I was very happy with this module, until few days ago when I noticed that if I create an article and set it to be published within a couple of hours or so, regardless of that the article headline appears in the Hihglighter and produces a bad link.

I'm not a php expert but I guess that there should be a query which will check whether the item is published or not... but I don't know how to implement this idea.

Please help.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:20 pm
I will analyze this query - if it has a bug then I will try to remove it in next version of this module :)
Administrator

GK User
Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:55 pm
I'm quite sure that there is a bug. The module should not show non-published items and should work the same as the core latest news module in Joomla. Too bad that I cannot do this myself because I need this fixed ASAP. I know a few good coders, only I have to talk someone into trying to fix somebody elses module...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:50 am
Do you have similar problems with news show gk3 ? Because both modules base on similar query and this query contains conditions for article publish time.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:47 am
Exactly the same thing happens with news show too! (Sorry it took me so long to reply I was overloaded by clients... one of them was of course complaining about the hightlighter and I did not have time to find someo to fix the code for me... I hope you'll do it soon)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:26 am
Hi there! Any news regarding the pending items bug? At least give us a hint how to fix this... please.
Fresh Boarder

redman
Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:16 pm
I'm having a similar problem with items still showing after expiration date.
Today I installed the latest version of this module, released on March 1st. The problem is not yet solved.

Edit
Found something in file joomla.news.class.php:

Code: Select all
Line 160: $now = gmdate('Y-m-d H:i:s', gmmktime());
Line 165: $now = gmdate('Y-m-d H:i:s', $time);
Line 384: $now = gmdate('Y-m-d H:i:s', gmmktime());
Line 389: $now = gmdate('Y-m-d H:i:s', $time);

I changed the "Y-m-dÂ" to "Y-m-d" and now my expired items no longer show.

GK User
Fri May 15, 2009 4:17 pm
Hi,
I'm having the same bug, with news show GK3.

The module (in my frontpage) show articles "Published, but is pending" and give a 404 error, it's a real problem for my portal news :ohmy:

Redman, I'm looking for your file "joomla.news.class.php" but I dont find it, is there a similar file for news show mod ?
Fresh Boarder