IE6 and www.mysite.com/# issue

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:12 pm
Hi all,
I have a problem with IE6 and Highlighter GK.
First of all, it works correctly for FF3 and Opera 9.5x.
In IE6 I have no visible titles or descriptions.
With IE Dev Toolbar I can see only a blank div.gk_news_highlighter_wrapper and inside code I can find the text for titles and description but no links.

When I open my site (only in IE6) the url becomes www.mysite.com/# and also when I click on Highlighter interface buttons prev-next I have same result... www.mysite.com/#

At current time it's hard to me think it's just a css issue, a "float:left;" plus "position:relative;" but...

Anyone have any suggestion?
Thanks a lot :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:57 pm
the answer it's easy, I don't like microsoft and IE but we must do with it because 70% of the users use it so a programmer who don't consider that that and test his programs with IE6 and IE7 is a bad programmer...
Cédric
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:45 pm
fabz:

The problem is only with IE6, right? Not in IE7.
If you have any problems with IE7, show me your URL and we will try to help.
In IE6... :S :X

lereffait:

It's true that even now 20% (more or less) still uses IE6 (only god knows why... :blink: ) but good news... The IE8 RC1 was official release to public (thank you god)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:04 am
Hi,
thanks for your answers and comments ;)
At the end I used another module...
But don't worry on my site I make large use of GavickPro NewsShowGK3 absolutely one of the best extension for J! community :woohoo:

By the way, on my site, the used browser is really the 70% of total for IE

IE7 50.94%
IE6 47.11% :dry:
IE8 1.94%

Bye :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:23 pm
Hello, yes it is a problem... Thanks to developers for this nice Highlighter module, but we can't use it because of ie6... Thank you microsoft...
Do you know a module which make the same view and able to run on ie6? Thanks!
Fresh Boarder