Prev / Next button problem

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:16 pm
Hey guys....

I hope someone can point to me what's wrong.

I have a really fresh install of Highlighter GK1 and no matter what I do nor the setting I change, the next button doesn't show up and the prev is shifted down (it seems that there's a margin/padding doing this). Oh! And the styling doesn't work, I've set up (for testing purposes!!! B)) a bright blue for everything (link, hover, text, background and border), but only background and border work (the following image doesn't have the color styling I've just mentioned).

Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:38 pm
Take a look at this post in the News2 template discussion

http://www.gavick.com/forum.html?func=view&catid=45&id=11691#13401

It might help;)

David
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:21 pm
Please, place your URL.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:27 pm
Got this problem solved by changing the following line in gk_stuff.css:

margin:10px 0 0 4px;

to

margin:1px 0 0 0;

This line is located within the ".gk_news_highlighter_interface a" style definition block.
Please note that the "a" is the reference to the <a>...</a> tag and it's not an error.

The URL is: http://www.webtranspo.com.br/novo2
We're working on it yet (so it's not published for the public), so it may (and it will) have a lot of stuff to work on.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:44 pm
Hi Seichinha

Given that 'portal.webtranspo' has resolved their problem in a very similar way to the way I did in the post on the News2 template forum, albeit with slightly different changes to this same part of the css file, could you raise a query about what is causing this problem with the design team to see if we can find a universal fix.

This error occurred when a full quickstart (joomla/template) installation was made in my case, one might expect this to be completely ready to handle this module and work correctly after installation.

Hope you can help resolve this, clearly we have found workarounds, but that's perhaps not the best answer, given the work that has been put into create this extension.

Regards

David
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:52 pm
pikefisher wrote:
Hi Seichinha

Given that 'portal.webtranspo' has resolved their problem in a very similar way to the way I did in the post on the News2 template forum, albeit with slightly different changes to this same part of the css file, could you raise a query about what is causing this problem with the design team to see if we can find a universal fix.

This error occurred when a full quickstart (joomla/template) installation was made in my case, one might expect this to be completely ready to handle this module and work correctly after installation.

Hope you can help resolve this, clearly we have found workarounds, but that's perhaps not the best answer, given the work that has been put into create this extension.

Regards

David

I agree with pikefisher.

In my case, it happened when I did a clean install of Joomla! (I'm using 1.5.8), then the template and after that, the components/modules/plugins.
Fresh Boarder