Making the background transparent

Discussion about free Joomla news rotator/ticker with multiple effects like scrolling, fading and several data sources supported.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:44 pm
Hi,

How do i go about making the background of the ticker transparent, ie no background color or border?

Im trying to put it on a gradient background.

I imagine i add a module class suffix with some code, but not sure where to add to add it, or what code exactly.

Any help is mighty handy, thx :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:56 am
in modules/mod_gk_news_highlighter/style/style.php, find:

Code: Select all
<?php if($_GET['bgcolor'] != '') : ?>background: #<?php echo $_GET['bgcolor']; ?>;<?php endif;?>

and delete it.

that will mean you have no background styling.

all the best,

rw1 :)

oh and if u want to remove the borders to, then find:
   <?php if($_GET['bordercolor'] != '') : ?>border-top: 1px solid #<?php echo $_GET['bordercolor']; ?>;<?php endif;?>

<?php if($_GET['bordercolor'] != '') : ?>border-bottom: 1px solid #<?php echo $_GET['bordercolor']; ?>;<?php endif;?>

and delete them.
Last edited by GK User on Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:33 pm
Hi

We strongly recommend that you don't change the style.php file from the module. This file is necessary if you need to set more modules with unique ID style.

You can make your change easily in any CSS valid file. For example, if you want transparent background in the module, use this:

.gk_news_highlighter {
background: transparent!important;
}   

!important rule will overcome other classes

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:15 pm
Hello,

Could someone please explain how to enlarge the size of the text that this scroller displays? Style.php doesn't cut it and I've read here that it shouldn't be messed with anyway.

Much obliged!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:33 pm
RockNRev wrote:
Hello,

Could someone please explain how to enlarge the size of the text that this scroller displays? Style.php doesn't cut it and I've read here that it shouldn't be messed with anyway.

Much obliged!

For example:

Title:

.gk_news_highlighter_title {
font: 16px normal Arial;
}

Content:

.gk_news_highlighter_desc {
font: 8px normal Arial;
}

Cheers :ohmy:
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:03 pm
For all who have problems finding classes in css to override download firebug (google it) and just override anything you need combined with !important
Fresh Boarder