Category layout

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:25 pm
Report this post
Hi to all

I'm trying to have " category layout " in my product landing page. When I activate the option, all products inside these categories disappear....

Basically, I have a menu called Products, then I want to have ONLY the categories to be displayed (If I leave it default, all products appears under the categories) not all products, so in template/storefront, I've put the "category layout" option to category.

Any Ideas on how to show products in each categories appear when I click in a particular category ?

Sorry for my poor english...

http://www.inter-led.com/yan

Regards

Yan
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:08 pm
Report this post
Hi

I've just visited Your site and looks like it's working like that already. Have You made it work or have I missunderstood something ? Can You please try explain one more time in case it's still not solved.

GK User
Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:16 pm
Report this post
Hi,

I guess I'm having a hard time to explain sorry for that...here is another shot at it,

When you go to products, you see the categories on the top portion of the page, but you also see all/some products in the second portion of the page.

I would like to ONLY see the Categories...NOT the products under it.

To do so, I go in the config panel of VM

Configuration/Templates/Shopfront Setting and put " category layout " to category

but when I put the option to " category layout " then on the " products page " of my site, I see ONLY categories....(should be good but) then if I click on one category their is no product to be displayed....

I don't know how to display (products) or what option to put to ONLY see category and have access to products after....

Hope I was a bit more clear....
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:31 pm
Report this post
Hi

I think I understand, but template dies not change component in this matter, so closest to this result I would advice to use page class suffix and hide it with css.

Here is an example how to use page class suffixes: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... omla-pages

Add a suffix named "hide-products", than add this code to override.css

Code: Select all
.hide-products .orderby-displaynumber,
.hide-products .browse-view {
display: none;
}