News Show Pro GK5 loading time

Commercial shopping Joomla template to easy create webshop with various extensions supported like ViruteMart, K2 and K2Store.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:38 pm
Report this post
Hello,

It seems the module for the slideshow on the homepage has very long loading time (pre-loader). You can see it on your demo as well. http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/storebox/

Load the page fully, then click on the logo (or home). You can see that the slider shows the pre-loading gif very long, if you keep refreshing the page, the loading stay every time. The image is obviously already loaded because it had loaded it the first time. Every other image on the homepage is ready and loaded but slider is waiting? I assume there is a waiting time somewhere in the script. Can anyone help where I can change it.

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:44 pm
Report this post
Hi,
I don't understand something, your topic title is "News Show Pro GK5...." and you have "problems" with Gk ImageShow module
- not NSP! - to be clear.
I have this same problem with one of my private clients and... I used another slideshow module.
sorry but No one here will customize this module style for you. You have to use as it is or use another one. You're lucky that you have choice. :mrgreen:
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:30 pm
Report this post
Yeah I meant Image Show GK4, sorry. So the initial loading can't be changed? I would assume it's just a delay somewhere in the code.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:37 pm
Report this post
engine.js ~ 164 there is a delay. It helps with the loading time alot. It's much quicker now, I don't see anything breaking.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:40 pm
Report this post
Hello,
This does not seem to change anything. What is the solution to have immediate loading Please ?
Kris
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:34 pm
Report this post
Reducing image size, each kb makes delay also.
About engine.js you have to know and choose right folder,
because each module style has it own, for example: styles\gk_storebox\engine.js
check all lines where you can find delay( - and reduce value from ~400 into 40 etc.
In most cases there should be at least in two places.

It may help
Platinum Boarder