quickstart is not as on the demo

Commercial shopping Joomla template to easy create webshop with various extensions supported like ViruteMart, K2 and K2Store.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:23 pm
Report this post
Hi,
I did installed the quick start : https://www.gavick.com/joomla-templates ... x,120.html

http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/storebox/

It was installed the sample data from the quickstart.

http://demo2.onlineideea.com/ - is not the same like in the demo.

The shop is not there,the products is not there,etc.
I have 3 files there : gk_storebox_J!3.zip

gk_storebox_quickstart_J!3.zip -this is what i installed.
gk_storebox_rest_files_J!3.zip

Any details,how to solve this ?!?! To look like in the demo,normaly after installation of quickstart,it should look like in the demo,for that is the quickstart,right ?!?!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:13 pm
Report this post
You have installed quickstart by unzipping it, uploading to server and going through Joomla installation process?

GK User
Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:28 pm
Report this post
Exactly like you said my friend.
On the time,i wanted to download this template,it did not worked,because gavick haved some problems with the amazon s3 server.
Now as it`s not the same,as this happens mostly on same time,i mostly suppose the quickstart version that i download,is not the same with what gavick installed,i don`t know.
Anyhow maybe you can help me with an quickstart version to be exactly like in the demo,as the one i have right now,and i guess is the last,is not the same,you can check by yourself and see the differences.
It should be 100% identicaly,it`s not the first time that i`m installing an quickstart on an template,and i don`t know what can be wrong on this,that`s why i asked for some help...maybe somebody figures me out!
Thank you guys!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:59 pm
Report this post
The only difference is that quickstart doesn't contain images that we use on our demo service as they are copyrighted and we cant share them with our clients due to licensing. All other things look fine to me.

GK User
Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:27 pm
Report this post
Look more good.
The button of shop is not into the menu like in the demo.
Except the images the quickstart is not the same like what you used in your demo.
Maybe you can provide an quickstart of this theme that will put everything like is your demo without images.
And what is the use of an quickstart if you cant provide the images?
And if the quickstart is not even working like in your demo.
Is like your showing me something great and after purchase i get some kind of 10% shit demo .
If the images copyright why do you provide the quickstart anymore?
But the real problem is not the images on my side i dont need them,i need quickstart to install all menus and everything that is showed on the demo side.
How we solve this?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:22 am
Report this post
When i pay for something,i expect you to bring me the coffe+sugar +milk,not damm excuses.
I pay money for quality and not for losing my time,can anybody get that ???!?!
The menu shop is also COPYRIGHTED ???

This is the most stupid execuse,i did ever heared till know,copyright on images and not even the images are my problem.(If the images are copyrighted,i thinked you should mention that,when somebody buys it,to know?!But i guess you forgot about that!
NO where was writed,that with the quickstart you won`t get the images because of copyrights shits!)
The menu SHOP is also COPYRIGHTED ?And that is why is not there and missing?!

I losed 2 weeks till know to download your template and to get some support,till know i did not get what i expected.
How much time do i have to lose more??!!?!

If your templates are shit ,full of bugs,you don`t provide support via mail,your putting me to pay for VIP support to receive MAIL SUPPORT,very funny,and putting me to lose time because your templates are not tested and not working like it should,why don`t you give them away for free?Open source what about the open source?
Your support is terrible,and the RIPP OFF is HUGE!
Why the heck i payed money to GAVICK ?????TO LOSE 2 weeks and be stuck???And when i mail for support,to be telled,hey give us some more money,for what ?For an damm mail ???An damm mail because of your fault ,not mine,you builded up this template,not me,i was just the asshole that payed for it!
Is your entirely responsability,the menus,the images,if you can`t provide them,don`t use them,i`m not paying for some stupid sheets of arranged modules.

Can GAVICK provide me an good working QUICKSTART like is in the DEMO ???!?!?OR i would have to do an chargeback on my credit card,because i did not payed money,to get an BROKEN not usable template.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:00 am
Report this post
First of all, do not bump your question as it makes you wait longer for an answer.
You haven't specified what version of quickstart you have installed (J2.x or J3.x).
Only J2.x branch support VirtueMart as a eCommerce solution. There is no 100% working version of VM for J3.x branch, only beta, and we don't support solution that are not 100% tested.
We can't do anything about images licensing. It is also strange that you want those images as they do not represent your shop products.
Quickstart is not just a template. It contains all modules that are required by template to look like demo page. It also contains content, custom html modules etc. The only difference is the lack of copyrighted images.

Also - our templates are tested fine and we try to provide best support that is available. Our users usually asks for some small customisations that we provide open on this forum. But to do so we have to charge, same as you charge your clients for your services. You can find hundred and thousands open source template to chose from on other sites if you require one.

GK User
Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:16 am
Report this post
Hello,

I have the same problem as the angry sir above. The shop is not correctly working. For starters, I miss the button 'SHOP' in the topnav / mainmenu.

It seems the complete K2store component is missing?

I used the J3.x version, quickstart.

Link: woodbuild.nl
EDIT: I activated the Gavick support SU account.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:38 pm
Report this post
Please read again my reply - J3.x branch doesn't have a working eCommerce solution of our choice which is VirtueMart.
Please use J2.x version and all will work fine.

GK User
Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:12 am
Report this post
I'm sorry. That wasn't clear for me in your previous answer.
I will try the 2.5 version.

Is there any chance that the J3 version will arrive some time? Including VM3, or K2Store fully functional?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:54 pm
Report this post
K2 Store can be used with J3.x branch but it doesn't replicate exactly same functions that are shown on demo server (which uses J2.x + VM).
From what I know VM for Joomla 3.x is a "work in progress" status and as soon as it will be released we will begin adapting our J3.x templates to work with VM for J 3.x