"Log in with Facebook" button not working

Commercial shopping Joomla template to easy create webshop with various extensions supported like ViruteMart, K2 and K2Store.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:35 pm
Report this post
Hi,

Im having trouble getting the login with facebook button to work, the plugin is enabled and its like the button link is missing as there is no action at all.

Can you please advise of how to get this working or how to remove the button totally.

My site is www.stellasaurus.com.au

Thanks in advance

James
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:54 am
Report this post
Hello,

First of all - did you configured the FB app in your login with facebook plugin?
Administrator

GK User
Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:12 pm
Report this post
dziudek wrote:Hello,

First of all - did you configured the FB app in your login with facebook plugin?

Hi i have tried to do as the gavick instructions suggests for the facebook app but it will not accept my domain.

Can you please advise of how to remove the button?

Cheers

James
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:11 am
Report this post
You can disable it in the template settings under the "Social API" tab.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:52 am
Report this post
dziudek wrote:You can disable it in the template settings under the "Social API" tab.

Thanks very much for ur help, can i ask another question,

On the mobile site my logo is over lapped by the cart button is there a way to reduce the size of the logo container? as i have tried reducing the size of the image.

Cheers
James
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:34 pm
Report this post
You can try to override it's size in the css/mobile.css file or just create a smaller image and change the background-image in the css/mobile.css file for the logo element.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:54 am
Report this post
Hi
My login with facebook button did nothing when pressed either. I have disabled it but what is the secret
Thanks
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:34 am
Report this post
jessicahurford wrote:Hi
My login with facebook button did nothing when pressed either. I have disabled it but what is the secret
Thanks

Same situation. Can you please elaborate with more step by step details? Thanks! :|
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:41 am
Report this post
The longer description with details is available here: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/gen ... k-feature/
Administrator

GK User
Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:04 am
Report this post
dziudek wrote:The longer description with details is available here: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/gen ... k-feature/

Yes thank you for your reply. I did find that earlier today and implemented it as instructed...But!...its not working perfectly and here's what I mean.

If I'm already logged into my facebook account via the facebook site itself, (not through my shopping site), then I'm able to log in with no problem automatically on my shopping site using the login with facebook button. No filling in of facebook username and password is necessary.

But if I'm NOT logged into my facebook account at all, and I login using the same login with facebook button,then what happens is that a popup comes up with empty fields to fill out using my facebook username and password, then an error message occurs when I hit ok, saying that my facebook account or app was not configured correctly. And when I re-try to do it again, the fields to fill-in the username and passwords don't even show up anymore,. It just takes you straight to the same error message again. And the only way to reset it, is to enter back into my facebook account on their site and log myself out of facebook again, because apparently, my site somehow logged me in remotely without needing to go to facebook's site directly. LOL! I hope I'm being very clear and not confusing anyone. LOL!

Thanks for any help.

Mario
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:15 am
Report this post
mgrmn wrote:
dziudek wrote:The longer description with details is available here: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/gen ... k-feature/

Yes thank you for your reply. I did find that earlier today and implemented it as instructed...But!...its not working perfectly and here's what I mean.

If I'm already logged into my facebook account via the facebook site itself, (not through my shopping site), then I'm able to log in with no problem automatically on my shopping site using the login with facebook button. No filling in of facebook username and password is necessary.

But if I'm NOT logged into my facebook account at all, and I login using the same login with facebook button,then what happens is that a popup comes up with empty fields to fill out using my facebook username and password, then an error message occurs when I hit ok, saying that my facebook account or app was not configured correctly. And when I re-try to do it again, the fields to fill-in the username and passwords don't even show up anymore,. It just takes you straight to the same error message again. And the only way to reset it, is to enter back into my facebook account on their site and log myself out of facebook again, because apparently, my site somehow logged me in remotely without needing to go to facebook's site directly. LOL! I hope I'm being very clear and not confusing anyone. LOL!

Thanks for any help.

Mario

Here are the pop-up samples I speak of:
Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 6.10.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 6.11.11 AM.png
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:22 am
Report this post
We will check this case, but it can be a bug in the Facebook API,
Administrator

GK User
Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am
Report this post
dziudek wrote:We will check this case, but it can be a bug in the Facebook API,

Thank you. Hope you find what it is soon. Please me know if you need anything else from me.

Best,
Mario
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:04 pm
Report this post
Administrator

GK User
Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:13 am
Report this post
dziudek wrote:Please try this solution: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2132 ... book-login

Very cool! That worked! Just changing the status of the app to public was the final piece of the puzzle. Problem solved! Thank you kindly! :-D
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:30 am
Report this post
dziudek wrote:You can try to override it's size in the css/mobile.css file or just create a smaller image and change the background-image in the css/mobile.css file for the logo element.

Hi im not really sure how to do the override can you assist?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:12 am
Report this post
james912375 wrote:
dziudek wrote:You can try to override it's size in the css/mobile.css file or just create a smaller image and change the background-image in the css/mobile.css file for the logo element.

Hi im not really sure how to do the override can you assist?

There's two ways to do Overrides. The first option. Is to Locate the file name mobile.css. Located in in a folder " css" within you template folder of the template you're using. Then locate the ID or Class name that governs that Logo. It might look something like this (ID = .Logo) or (Class = #Logo).

Here's a sample:
#logo {
background: url('/templates/commons/images/logo.png') no-repeat 0 5px;
display: block;
float: left;
height: 85px;
text-indent: -9999em;
width: 153px;
}

Option 2:
Turn CSS Overrides to "ON" found in Joomlas template manager advanced settings. Then enter your css changes in Override.css found in same CSS folder as mentioned above.

Quick note: If you want to really know what your logo's ID or class name is so you can make the changes, Try using Chrome or firefox to inspect elements. Just right mouse click on the logo or whatever else you want to change and choose "Inspect Element" from contextual menu. It'll reveal the css identity or class and even the file name in which it is located in.

Its all I know.... thanks to tietbite's help on another post. LOL! Hope this helps. Cheers! :)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:49 am
Report this post
hi,
I have downloaded the template simplicity. I have created a new app as shown in the gavick documentation. When i click the Facebook button, nothing happens at all. Not even the Facebook window opens. Im using Joomlas latest 3.2 version. I also tried this locally and same issue. Nothing happens. I see that other users here are experiencing the same issue. Is there any tips, suggestions or solutions?

To Gavick developers. You can try and download the current simplicity template and try yourself. I just did this awhile ago and used the temple as is. I filled out the Facebook API both in the plugin and also the social settings. When I click the Facebook button, nothing happens. Im not sure if this is a template or Facebook issue.

Thank you,
Winston
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:36 am
Report this post
@winston - please provide an URL to your website.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:45 am
Report this post
dziudek wrote:@winston - please provide an URL to your website.

I got it working. The fix is "DONT forget to add your domain to the "+Add Platform" in the Facebook app. once I added this, everything worked.

regards,
Winston
Fresh Boarder