referecnes (sku product)

Commercial shopping Joomla template to easy create webshop with various extensions supported like ViruteMart, K2 and K2Store.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:51 am
Report this post
I can't view on my fronted site the references (sku) product. I doing integrated the refenreces in the description product
Possible to see normaly the reference on my sheet product ?
http://www.rainet.fr/demo3/catalogue

Thanks.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:16 pm
Report this post
Could you check whether the same happen on default Joomla! template like Beez ? I don't remember that this kind of option is available in VM, I mean showing SKU.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:11 am
Report this post
On previous versions of virtuemart, I could at least see the reference product in my catalog. In this version it is not only not playing but also can not sort it.
When i chek with Beezparse error on the front..
Show the previous version in joomla 1.5
http://www.tuttifiesta.com/ballons.html

Ref...
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:21 am
Report this post
I find on VM forum code for this :<?php echo $this->product->product_sku ?>
But where i can use this code for my catalog ?
Thanks for your feed
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:17 am
Report this post
You need to ask on VM support, we don't remove anything from VM views and core files so you get regular VirtueMart component.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:28 am
Report this post
I'am going to forum virtuemart but they tell me the same thing like you : ask a question to gavick forum..
So i've an information, i need to place code in default.php category this is code :
<?php echo $product->product_sku ?>

But i tring in template/gkstorebox/html/com_virtuemart/category and categories and productdetails
but i don't find where i can place this code.
Can you help me ? I need to show my references (sku) in template.
Actually i've name and sku but when i want to show sku i've again the name product.

Thank you.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:11 am
Report this post
If you want to show this in product view you need to modify file [url]template/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php[/url]

and just paste this code in the place where you want to show this SKU.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:09 pm
Report this post
I don't known where i paste this code in [url]template/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php[/url]
I need to show sku when i select refernces in the selector. I've two soelctionname products ans sku...
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:51 am
Report this post
What you mean by references? Product variant? Maybe it will be easier when you mark on screenshot where this sku should be visible. If this is part generated by VirtueMart API it probably will not be possible to modify it.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:00 pm
Report this post
in the construction of a product there is a SKU (References) BAT106par example, I can see the SKU of my product. More I can sort between the name of my product and / or its reference. And that I can not post it on the new 2.0.22b virtuemart.
Look at the former site 1.5: http://www.tuttifiesta.com/ballons.html
You can see the product with the product name and SKU Product Reference ..
Is what you see what I mean?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:44 am
Report this post
I understand your case but VirtueMart don't provide option to display SKU in category view so this is custom issue beyond support. Please go to
Code: Select all
template/html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php
file and find this line :

<div class="product_s_desc"> <?php echo shopFunctionsF::limitStringByWord($product->product_s_desc, 40, '...') ?> </div>

and replace it with :

<div class="product_sku"><?php echo $product->product_sku ?></div>
                              <div class="product_s_desc"> <?php echo shopFunctionsF::limitStringByWord($product->product_s_desc, 40, '...') ?> </div>

if you want to change place of this product SKU please just copy :

<div class="product_sku"><?php echo $product->product_sku ?></div>

to other place in this view.
Platinum Boarder