State/Province dropdown not working. NetworkError.

Commercial shopping Joomla template to easy create webshop with various extensions supported like ViruteMart, K2 and K2Store.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:13 am
Report this post
I decided to test functionality of my website before continuing to add products and getting even more involved. I found that the dropdown for State/Province during checkout will not work. Firebug gives the error:
"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://actnowsigns.com/index.php/user/i ... try_id=223"
I don't know when this error occurred because this was the first time I tested the checkout process. The website is useless without this function. I have tried different solutions found on the internet like disabling other modules, enabling javascript fix, etc., but none have worked. Any ideas?

Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:37 am
Report this post
Hi

This means that system cannot find a file responsible for this selection. Please tell me a direct link to the cart checkout so I'll see the console and will be able to tell more about it.

GK User
Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:11 pm
Report this post
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:37 pm
Report this post
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:10 pm
Report this post

Yours doesn't appear to have the same Network Error in the Firebug console. You might try searching the virtuemart forum for other solutions that might work for you. It may be a jquery conflict or plugin/module conflict.

As for mine, I figured out it was sh404sef that was messing with the urls. I really like that plugin so I am going to try and figure out how to make everything work together. Any tips would be helpful.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:13 am
Report this post
Hi

Unfortunately I have no idea, I've been fighting with sh404sef for ages and learned that there is no solution is many occasions. You may try disable the this particular link in sh404 configuration, but it will be better to ask sh404 developers first.