Controlling "Sale" badge

Place where you can get help, share your ideas and discuss about Bike Store shopping Wordpress theme with WooCommerce support and plugins built for product placement.
GK User
Sat May 18, 2013 7:18 pm
I am considering using this theme for a local bike shop that (a) doesn't sell online and (b) only wants to show prices for bikes which are currently on sale, and show no prices at all on regularly priced bikes. So I need to remove cart, add to cart, price fields and unwanted SALE! badges -- last part is my issue.

I removed the cart functionality thru the theme settings. Setting "product data" to "external/affiliate" removes the "add to cart button" plus gives me a clean way to link out to the bike company pages for those bikes. I entered the regular/sale prices for the items I want to show prices for, and left the ones blank for items I do not wish to display prices for.

Problem is when you leave the price field on an item blank, the "SALE!" badge shows up on the store and category and product pages for that item.

Is there a way to suppress the SALE! badge on those priceless ;) items?

Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun May 19, 2013 10:31 am
I have checked, and "sale" badge comes from woocommerce plugin and it should only show when "sale price" in items details is not empty. But if it doesnt work for You, You could simply hide it with a litttle help of css...
1. Enable override.css in your theme/BikeStore advanced setting.
2. Edit file: /wp-content/themes/BikeStore/css/override.css
and add at its end:

Code: Select all
ul.products li.product .onsale {display: none;}

This should to the trick.