GK News Show Pro Error

Place where you can get help, share your ideas and discuss about Bike Store shopping Wordpress theme with WooCommerce support and plugins built for product placement.
GK User
Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:19 pm
Hi Im trying to get my Gk news show pro to display a list of my products.
I did not manage to do that but it does work with latest posts.
however i get an error saying the following: An error occured during creating the thumbnail. instead of a thumbnail being loaded
Any help??
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:02 pm
7Spyre wrote:Hi Im trying to get my Gk news show pro to display a list of my products.
I did not manage to do that but it does work with latest posts.
however i get an error saying the following: An error occured during creating the thumbnail. instead of a thumbnail being loaded
Any help??

Here is a link to the page:
http://sugarandspike-co-za.helm4.co.za/?page_id=72
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:56 pm
Hi,

First of all please check if the gavern/cache directory in the theme catalog have proper permissions for writing the created images.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:19 pm
dziudek wrote:Hi,

First of all please check if the gavern/cache directory in the theme catalog have proper permissions for writing the created images.

Hi there, Thanks for the reply, but Im a bit unsure on how to do that. Please can you advise me further.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:50 pm
Please check this tutorial: http://www.cubecartforums.org/docs/appe ... ories.html

Permissions should be 755.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:10 pm
Same error, the permisions are correct and error is same.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:16 am
@bustamante - the WordPress thumbnails are working correctly on your installation?
Administrator

GK User
Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:58 pm
Hi, I reply in this topic, cause I might have a very related problem. I am busy configuring a shop based on the quickstart package of Bikestore 1.3.1. Now I use a child theme for the custom development and was for an hour or so puzzling how to get News Show Pro t show thumbnails, which it didn't. Upon checking the access rights as you described here I discovered the cause of my problem, but I think it's something in the theme that is should be corrected:
- when working with a childtheme News Show Pro creates thumbnails in the cache-nsp directory of the parent theme, which seems logical to me, but NSP itself searches for the thumbnails in a non-existent cache-nsp directory in the childtheme. I think it is because its using get_stylesheet_directory_uri() instead of get_template_directory_uri(). Can you look into this?

I made a quickfix by copying the cache-nsp folder to the childtheme directory, but wait for your reaction before I really start modifying NSP myself.

Kind regards, Sjef.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:37 am
@sjefx - thank you for your feedback - we will include this change in the nearest update for the GavernWP framework (1.9.2).
Administrator

GK User
Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:20 pm
Hi, I have the same problem with this module and also with GK News Gallery module, but in the second case image and title just don't showing.

I read everything about this issue and i try to change function generate, and delete specific lines and add another but problem is stil unsolved.

Sometimes when i resent file widget_nsp.php and resave module settings image apears in 2 cases, but it works only time i set in module settings, but not exactly, when i set 1 min, image appear longer than 1 min - maybe 20 ?? I change version of php from 5.3 to 5.5 and it worked for 2 mins.

Site works on apache server, online
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:33 pm
Hi @Utar,

Could you please send me a PM with backend and FTP access to your website? Then I'll be able to check the issue exactly.