homepage layout issue

WordPress theme dedicated to start-up websites with amazing CSS3 animated icons, price tables and parallax effect background.
GK User
Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:15 am
hi, on my home page i'm getting a grey gap between the main background image and the widget below. On your demo it looks fine (no gap). On mine there is a grey gap between the picture of the girl meditating and the next widget with the header that reads "Approximately 1 in 5 couples...". It seems that something in the header widget is shifting the widget layer below it down and creating a gap in the layout. Note: this is only seen when using a big screen monitor. You won't see this effect on your note book or small screen. See my site here: http://www.unexplainedinfertilityinfo.com/. Thanks
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:36 am
Hi,
Could you please provide me with a back-end access to your website via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? because threre's comming soon mode now.

GK User
Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:56 pm
I think what is causing the widget layer in the "Main Body" area to move down is me adding header text into the top text widget in the "Header" area. As I add a row of text to the header

example:
Code: Select all
<h2><b>Sign up now and receive a FREE questionnaire to help you understand why.</b></h2>

it offsets the Main Body layer down by the same amount leaving the grey space between the bottom of the image and the main body layer. I can eliminate the grey space by deleting text rows but that defeats the purpose of that widget. Can you give me the css to make Main Body Layer fixed so that it doesn't get effected by the header layer and stays flush with the bottom of the main image so as not to have a gap??

Thanks
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:10 pm
also, could you give me the code to eliminate the vertical line that appears on the right side of the sliding png image on the home page? It's a green circle png that reads "Hormone detox kit". There is a vertical thin boarder line on the right side.

also, the css code to make the 3 little theme dots at the bottom of the page disappear.

thanks so much.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:22 am
Hi,

3 color dots may be disabled in Simplicity -> Template Options -> Feature tab with "Style Switcher Display" option.
Try to add this code to remove right border:
.gk-horizontal-slide-right-column {
   border-right: 0;
}

but I'm not sure what exactly do you want to achieve with your mainbody widget area ("Approximately 1 in 5 couples will.. ").
You can't add fixed background, because there's no backgorund image.

GK User
Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:02 pm
Thanks for the code.

I guess the header widget area can only handle so much text before it starts to push the widget layers below it down thereby creating a gap between the main image and the next layer.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:00 pm
I've added a lot of text to your header widget area (using Chrome Dev Tools) and can't see any influence to the widgets below. Only header background (with the woman) is increasing height.

GK User
Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:57 am
i'll check it out. thanks
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:39 pm
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:39 am
Sorry, I can't see any screenshot under your link.

GK User
Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:55 am
Hello, try to add following css code:
.imageBg #gk-header-mod {
padding-top: 105px;
}

GK User
Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:57 pm
It kind of worked. there is still a small 5px patch of grey at the bottom. could u explain what is happening and how ur code works? thanks.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:36 pm
If you still see grey background, please decrease padding-top value i.e. to 100px. The default padding top is around 180px, but you have a lot of content in the header, so this padding shold be smaller.