Basic getting started information?

WordPress theme dedicated to start-up websites with amazing CSS3 animated icons, price tables and parallax effect background.
GK User
Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:30 pm
Is there any basic getting started information for Simplicity? I'm talking about stuff everyone does right away, like replace logos, change colors, etc. I thought there would be better documentation for this sort of thing, or at least mention of these kinds of things in the FAQ.

Things I'd like to do but can't figure out:

1., Change the Simplicity logo. Seems like this would be a simple file picker in the theme control panel but it isn't.
2. Change colors more granularly, instead of just the three really generic color changes available in the panel. For example, can I change the whole thing to white text on black?

Thanks,

Jim, Pure Imagination
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:41 pm
Hi,

There's logo picker in the theme control panel, please check this article:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wor ... -settings/

You can also create different color styles:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wor ... or-styles/

Could you tell me which exactly content do you want to change ? (white text on black?) then I'll tell you exactly how to change it.

GK User
Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:09 pm
Thanks. I think you've got me pointed in the right direction.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:14 pm
Piotr Kunicki wrote:Could you tell me which exactly content do you want to change ? (white text on black?) then I'll tell you exactly how to change it.

Basically we just want white text on a black background, the opposite of the three included Simplicty color schemes.

--Jim
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:29 am
So you can start with this code, add it to Simplicity/css/override.css file (first enable this option from Template Options -> Advanced tab):

Code: Select all
body {
   background: #000;
   color: #fff;
}

.box .box-title {
   color: #fff!important;
}

#gk-bottom1,
#gk-bottom3,
#gk-bottom5 {
   background: #aaa;
}

then, you can add additionall CSS selector, you should have basic CSS knowledget to do it.

GK User
Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:52 pm
OK, that sort of works. I do understand CSS, but without a reference to what your CSS classnames point to I basically have to poke around and try things and see what it affects.. Do you have a list of class names and what uses those classes anywhere? Do you have a common framework that has documentation?

I would *so* much rather have documentation that having to read through all the source or go back and forth on a forum. It's very slow going that way. Maybe you do have such documentation, but I can't find it anywhere.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:59 pm
Each theme is different, so it's not possible to provide you all CSS classes and selectors, check our css files - it's really a lot of code, but you can check css/style1.css or style2.css file, there are every classess and selectors responsible for color schemes (you can use these selectors), or you can just use Firebug or Google Chrome web developer tools: https://developers.google.com/chrome-developer-tools/ to inspect every elements on the website and check the CSS id's and classess.