Carousel Functionality?

WordPress theme dedicated to start-up websites with amazing CSS3 animated icons, price tables and parallax effect background.
GK User
Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:01 am
Just wondering if the theme has the ability to set up a widget with carousel functionality similar too

"A day in the life of your dog" section @ http://www.whistle.com

Regards

David
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:00 am
Hi,

Our another themes have built-in advanced GK Image Show widget, but Simplicity doesn't. You could copy that widget but it's a lot of work, so of course you can use any widget with this functionality on bottom position and it should works properly..

GK User
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:03 pm
Thanks.

Can you or anyone in the community recommend and good carousel/slider widget that I could use for the bottom widget and also the for the header background?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:47 am
Try this one. It has functionality and looks similar to this one, mentioned by you.

GK User
Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:41 pm
Hi

I've recently brought this carousel slider:-

http://codecanyon.net/item/slider-revol ... themepunch

In the how to use section it states:

How To Use:

* From the theme html use: <?php putRevSlider( "alias" ) ?> example: <?php putRevSlider("Header Background") ?>
For show only on homepage use: <?php putRevSlider("Header Background","homepage") ?>
For show on certain pages use: <?php putRevSlider("Header Background","2,10") ?>

* From the widgets panel drag the "Revolution Slider" widget to the desired sidebar

* From the post editor insert the shortcode from the sliders table

I'd like to install this slider has my header background (eg cozy.co). Would you be able to direct me how to go about this?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:22 pm
Hi,

I don't have this plugin so it's hard to say, but i think, you should use second option: From the widgets panel drag the "Revolution Slider" widget to the desired sidebar (header position)

GK User
Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:02 pm
If I pm'd you the plugin would that help?

Could I possible somehow replace the " images/header.jpg" in the template directory with the slider short code or something like that?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:29 am
You can remove header.jpg and then drag Slider widget to header position (instead of text widget), to remove header.jpg paste
Code: Select all
.imageBg #gk-head {
background: none;
}
to override.css file (At first enable this option in Template Options -> Advanced tab)

If you will still have a problem with that, send me a PM with backend access to your website and I'll try to help.

GK User
Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:01 am
Your override.css file is empty, paste this code:
.imageBg #gk-head {
    background: #333;
}

.fullwidthabanner {
    margin-top: -110px!important;
    z-index: 2!important;
}

#gk-head .box {
    left: 25%;
    position: absolute;
    top: 40%;
    z-index: 3!important;
}

Of course you can customize this code, if you want to do such modifications, you have to have basic css knowledge..

GK User
Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:03 pm
Hi Guys!

Thanks for the theme!!! its awesome!!! I Add a Slider in the part of the header, just like you indicate in this post... I just want to know how I can stretch the image across the entire screen without leaving a white border?

And what would be the correct size of the images in the Slide ??

Thanks
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:10 am
Hi,
@oriana_e1984 ,could you please provide me with a URL to your website, either here or via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it?

GK User
Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:14 pm
Add the following code into the theme’s css/override.css file (make sure to enable the “Use the override.css file” option in Template options > Advanced in the WordPress backend)
#gk-header-mod.gk-page {
   max-width: none;
}

GK User
Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:32 pm
Hi Piotr!
Let me tell you , that when you enable the use of override.css file ... my slider was disappeared ....
The Slider Plugin is located in the part of the header.

I only want to swap the background jpg currently has for the slider ... what else I can do?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:40 pm
Hi,

You have added this code to override.css file:
#gk-head .box {
    left: 25%;
    position: absolute;
    top: 40%;
    z-index: 3!important;
}