Multi Language site - problems with switcher position

Start-up Joomla template with amazing CSS3 animated icons, price tables and parallax effect background.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:10 pm
Report this post
Hi,

Like the other recent poster, I am creating a multi-language site with Simplicity. I have tried several methods of adding the language switcher (from FaLang) to the top of the page:

I have added the switcher to the top menu as part of the menu (linked to a text separator). This works, but the title shows in the menu, with the switcher hanging below. This would be a good solution if I could get rid of the menu title and move the switcher into the menu itself.

I have tried the update to to the mod-languages css explained in the other post on this page. This works better, with the language switcher in the right position, but there is a problem when you scroll. The switcher stays in place as the menu disappears. It looks fine again when the white version of the menu appears and looks fine on sub-pages where there is only one version of the menu that doesn't scroll.

Is there a way to fix either of these issues?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:16 pm
Report this post
Hi,
maybe add white or transparent background under language switcher module, it should solve your "design" problem.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:39 pm
Report this post
I'm sorry, I'm not sure how this is a "design" problem. I'm assuming you are talking about the second scenario with the updated mod-languages css. The language switcher already has a white background and the issue comes from the top menu scrolling off screen while the language switcher stays locked in place. Again, as I said, this isn't an issue when the menu is always visible, as in the sub-pages, only on the main home page. The color underneath the language switcher is irrelevant.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:05 am
Report this post
Yep. But I'm blind now, hard to talk about something which can see only one person, URL - hmm?
Besides, you can also manually add new module position and use it for lang switcher.
Platinum Boarder